We have a pre-existing website (e.g. www.mysite.com.) sitting on server ProdWeb1. It is using their own custom authentication forms based authentication database ProdDB1.
We plan to get a new community site (e.g. www.mycommunity.com) going on a separate severProdWeb2.
- Community Site ( www.mycommunity.com)
- Customer login to www.mycommunity.com . We will get the logged in user information e.g. email id, user id etc.
- User will be provided a link for the web sitewww.mysite.com so that they can use their functionalities .
- Once user click on the link www.mysite.com, logged in user’s email id will be passed (in a way that it is not visible to the end user).
- www.mysite.com website get the email id, validate it in heat and authenticate the user without prompting for the authentication.
We can not store values in a cookies as both sites are in different domain. Any idea of how to implement SSO for the above scenario would be much appreciated.