I'm currently developing a theme to be reused across a couple of blogs. Because of the reuse, I needed to make a couple pieces of content render from a shared data source. I managed to do this with some JSON in a js file(stored on Windows Azure) referenced with a <script> tag, some JQuery and the unfiltered HTML webpart.
This worked great, for a little while. Now, for some reason, when I change the JSON data in the js file, the widget doesn't render the proper HTML. I did some digging, and it appears that the server is injecting the script or caching the widget somehow. When I request the page from IE, if i look at it via the developer tools, I don't see the datasource.js file on the scripts tab. If I take a Fiddler trace during of the page load, I don't see the datasource file downloaded, even after flushing the browser cache. If I delete the datasource.js file, the HTML still renders. If I rename the datasource.js and change the reference, it works fine. (This isn't practical due to the reuse, and possible frequency of changes) Can someone give me some advice as to what might be going on. (I don't administer the platform) Thanks!