The REST Debug Console can be used to test the REST API endpoints. This document provides detailed instructions for installation, using the REST console, and requesting that settings be remembered.
The REST Debug Consoles are not part of the default installation, but instead are included as a separate project.
To install the REST v1 and v2 consoles you will have to build the Telligent.Rest.Console project and add the resulting DLL to your site.
To add Rest Debug Console(s):
- Compile the Telligent.Rest.Console project.
- Copy the resulting Telligent.Rest.Console.dll to your community site's bin folder.
- Update your community's Modules/RouteModule.config file. Un-comment the last line of the file (which should be commented out). You may need to restart your Web site before changes take effect.
To remove Rest Debug Console(s):
- Comment out or remove the last line in your community's Modules/RestModule.config file.
- Remove the Telligent.Rest.Console.dll from your Web site's bin folder.
Using the REST Console
To use the REST Console you must first log on to your community as a user who has permissions to use the REST API, and then use one of the following urls
- To use V2 endpoints ~/api.ashx/v2/!console
- To use V1 endpoints ~/api.ashx/v1/!console
Request settings remembered
This functionality has been tested in Firefox 3.6.x, Chrome 4.0.x, Safari 4.0.x (on Windows) and Internet Explorer 8. Older versions of Internet Explorer will not demonstrate this functionality but the experience will not be limited in any other way.