Telligent Evolution can be configured to handle membership in one of two ways:
Define your own membership rules within the community with users authenticated through the standard ASP.NET Forms authentication.
Use the security that is already part of another application in your environment for login, logout, and registration. This enables members of your community to log in once and gain access to all related systems without being prompted to log in or register multiple times. We offer four options for single sign-on authentication:
- Cookie authentication - Shared authentication with applications that don't use Microsoft ASP.NET (e.g.,PHP, ColdFusion)
- Forms authentication - Shared authentication with other Microsoft ASP.NET applications
- Windows authentication - Shared authentication within an internal environment using Windows Active Directory
- OAuth Providers - Shared authentication with an OAuth provider like Facebook or Twitter.
- Telligent Evolution OAuth Service - Create an OAuth application for logging into Telligent Evolution from your website. This works well if you are utilizing Core Services on your site.
Information in this section