The Telligent Job Scheduler is a Windows service that schedules and executes jobs for the Telligent Evolution Platform. These jobs include such things as indexing content for search, sending email notifications, and general clean-up tasks. It is important for the Telligent Job Scheduler to be installed and running for proper site function.
Installing the service
The Telligent Job Scheduler files can be found in the install package, in the Tasks folder. This folder contains all the necessary files for the scheduler to run. To install the service:
- Copy the Tasks folder to the server.
- Open a command line console and navigate to the folder from Step 1. (This may require to be run as Administrator to install the service.)
- Run install.bat. By default, the service will be named "Telligent Job Scheduler," to install with a different name, run this command instead: install.bat /name="New Service Name"
- Start the service.
The Telligent Job Scheduler service is now installed on the server but will require a few configuration changes.
Configuring the Job Scheduler
Once the service is installed, several configuration changes should be made to match the Web configuration. If you do not have any of these files or have not made changes to them, you can ignore the file.
- Changes to email templates in \Languages\<language\emails
In addition, a communityserver_override.config entry should be added to update the filestorage location. By default, it is stored in the Web\filestorage directory so the path to it needs to be explicitly set in the Job Scheduler. The following override will update the path.
Installing multiple Job Scheduler services
At times, it can be useful to have multiple job scheduler installed on the same server. Doing so is very easy:
- Copy the Tasks folder from the install package to a different directory than the first service.
- Open the command line and navigate to the folder like before.
- When running install.bat, add /name="A Different Service Name" to name the service.
- Start the service.
There should now be another Telligent Job Scheduler service running on the server. Follow the same configuration instructions for this instance as well.
Uninstalling the Telligent Job Scheduler
- Stop the service, making note of the exact name of the service.
- Open a command line console and navigate to the job scheduler folder. (This may require to be run as Administrator to uninstall the service.)
- Run uninstall.bat /name="Service Name".
The service is now uninstalled. It is also safe to remove the Job Scheduler folder.