The Notify on User Create module is a sample CSModule. The source is included in the /Telligent.Evolution.Samples/Modules/NotifyOnuserCreate.cs file of the Telligent Evolution Platform Software Development Kit.
It sends an email out to a specified email addresses when a new user joins a Telligent Evolution Platform community.
- Compile the Telligent.Evolution.Samples.Modules solution in the SDK.
- Copy the Telligent.Evolution.Samples.Modules.dll file into the /bin/ directory of your Telligent Evolution website.
- Ensure the communityserver_override.config in your Telligent Evolution website contains the following, specifying the email addresses you want to notify on the emailAddresses attribute. (Multiple email addresses should be separated by commas)
<Override xpath="/CommunityServer/CSModules" mode="add">
- Copy the /Telligent.Evolution.Samples/Modules/web/Languages/en-US/emails/SDK_NotifyOnUserCreate.txt file to the /Languages/en-US/emails/SDK_NotifyOnUserCreate.txt location in your Telligent Evolution Platform website’s folder.
- If any users you want to send this email to use a language other than English, copy this file into the equivalent location for those languages, and translate the file as required
- Create a new User.
- Wait for an email in the inbox of the users configured to be notified in step 3 of the installation.
To uninstall the Notify on User Create module:
- Remove the above xml from your communityserver_override.config file.
- Remove any /languages/LANGUAGE/emails/SDK_NotifyOnuserCreate.txt files you created in step 4 of the installation above.