The blog Default Settings page allows you to specify site-wide settings options for blogs in your community. You can enable various functionalities across all your blogs, such as blog auto create and cross-posting.
To add the blog Default Settings page properties:
- Navigate to Control Panel Dashboard > System Administration > Blog Administration > Configuration > Default Settings.
- Specify the properties. The following list describes the blog Default Settings page properties.
- Auto Create - Creates a blog for every user that registers on your site at the time of registration. Enabling the setting is only effective for new users. Telligent Community will not create blogs for existing users.
- Enable Cross-Posting - Blog owners can cross post to remote sites via the Metablog API.
- Enable Blog Owners to add content to HTML Head - Enables blog owners to enter raw script and meta tags to the HTML section of their blog. Enabling this setting may be a security risk on large sites where you may not know or trust all users. The default setting is disabled.
- Enable Email Subscriptions - Visitors who are not registered or not logged in to your site to subscribe to blogs so they receive emails when content is updated on the blog.
- Default Group - Select the default Blog Group to whom the the blog is assigned.
- Default Ping Services - List of ping services to which Telligent Community should communicate a blog post change. This can be overridden at the individual blog level. Entries must be delimited by semicolon.
- Default Aggregate Tags - Default tags used on the community aggregate blogs page and RSS feed. (Only posts with one of these tags will be included.)
- Contact Request Moderation Threshold - Score that a contact request needs to automatically require moderation. The request will not be sent until the blog owner approves it.
- Click Save to apply your settings.