The Profiles Settings page allows you to set user profile properties, such as user name display, signatures, and gender. Based on the properties you enable, users can then customize their personal profiles.
To set the user profiles properties:
- Navigate to Control Panel Dashboard > System Administration > Membership Administration > Configuration > Account Settings > Profile Settings.
- Set the membership profile settings properties:
- Allow signatures - Specifies whether users can edit a message that appears at the bottom of their posts.
- Enable signatures - Specifies whether signatures are added to posts.
- Signature maximum length - Specifies the maximum number of characters allowed in a user's signature.
- Allow gender - Specifies whether users have the option of displaying their gender on their profile.
- Require authentication for profile viewing - Specifies whether anonymous users must log in before viewing profile information.
- Enable display names - Enables users to display a name other than his/her username when he/she publishes a post.
- Enable status messages - Specifies whether users can update their status messages.
- Status & reply message maximum length - Up to 512 characters.
- Click Save to apply the settings.
- Registration settings - Allow you to set registration properties, such as new user logins, banned users logins, and user name minimum and maximum lengths.
- Avatar settings - Allow you to set user avatar properties, such as dimensions and remote avatar availability.
- New user experience - Allows you to specify new user contact properties, such as welcome message, new user moderation level, default list of new user friends.
- Friendship settings - Allow you to specify friendship properties, such as default request text sent with friendship requests.