In Telligent Community 5.6:
- Updating a status message was removed from the widget.
- The widget stopped showing status that should be hidden from regular community members.
- Blog and file comment activity messages started including links to posts and the application.
- If activity message logging was disabled, the configuration dialog began reflecting this status.
- The activity message list page size (minimum and maximum post values) became configurable.
- Long words were made to break.
In Telligent Community 5.5:
- The Status Message field became disabled for user profiles.
- This and all other browse or list widgets became allowed for group owners.
Displays all activity based on the context you select. You can display all site activity, all group/subgroup activity, or all activity for the user. The default setting is Dashboard, which displays all site activity. You can also control the number of items to display in the list.
To use this widget, the Enable Site Activity property must be enabled at the site level (the General Site Settings page) and for individual users on their settings.
If any activity messages are created using the US-EN language pack and another language pack is subsequently installed, the previously published posts will remain in the language of the original language pack (in this case, US-EN). This is because an activity is like a static log; it would have been saved in English before the second language pack was installed.
Where it works
This widget works on almost any page in the site - dashboards, groups, blogs, and sitewide.
- Navigate to Control Panel Dashboard > System Administration > Site Administration > Widget Studio > Enable/Disable widgets.
- If it is not already present in Allowed widgets, move the widget from the Not Allowed Widgets column to the Allowed Widgets column.
- Click Edit Page on the page, then select and place the Activity - Message List widget.
- Click Configure on the widget menu bar. The configuration dialog appears.
- On the Options tab, specify the following:
- Widget title - Click Change and enter a new widget name if desired, such as changing from "Activity Message List" to "Activity Messages."
- Number of items to display - Specifies the number of items to display on a page in the activity list.
- Activity list mode- Filters the type of activity to display.
- Dashboard (all site activity) - Displays all site activity.
- Group (activity in a group and optionally subgroups) - Displays all group activity and subgroup activity. Determines whether activity for subgroups should be included when viewing activity for a parent group option is checked.
- User profile (activity for a specific user) - Displays only the activity for the user.
- Display user avatars next to activity and status messages - If checked, displays user avatars next to the items in the activity list.
- On the Configure Tabs tab, select from the options you wish to enable for status messaging. Note that the configuration options vary when you select the activity list mode.
- People & groups - Activity for people followed and your groups.
- Messages - Status messages only.
- Messages & Comments - Status messages & comments only.
- My activity - Your activity or your activity within the group.
- People - Activity for people you are following.
- Groups - Activity for your groups.
- All - All site activity or all activity for the user.
- All Activity - All activity for the group.
- Following - Activity for people followed within the group.
- Click Save in the configuration dialog.
- Click Save Page and exit.