In Telligent Community 5.5, this and all other browse or list widgets became allowed for group owners.
Displays a list of the user's conversations with the most recent conversation at the top. Includes the names of the users who are having the conversation and the option to delete the conversation.
The Enable Conversations property must be enabled on the General Site Settings page to use the Conversation List widget.
This widget hides itself when no conversations are occurring.
Where it works
This widget works on almost any page on the site.
- Navigate to Control Panel Dashboard > System Administration > Site Administration > Site Configuration > Setup > General Site Settings.
- Select Yes for the Enable Conversations option.
- Click Save.
- Navigate to Control Panel Dashboard > System Administration > Site Administration > Widget Studio > Enable/Disable widgets.
- If it is not already present in Allowed widgets, move the widget from the Not Allowed Widgets column to the Allowed Widgets column.
- Click Edit Page on the page, then select and place the Conversation List widget.
- Click Configure on the widget menu bar.
You can configure the following options:
- Widget title - If you want to change the name of the widget, such as from "Conversation List" to "Conversations in your community," enter the new title in the Widget Title field and click Change.
- View type - Specifies how the conversation list displays. The options are Standard (default) and Simple.
- Show number of unread messages - Displays the number of unread conversations.
- Number of items to display - Specifies the number of conversations to display in the list.
- Show pager - Determine whether to display a paged or nonpaged list.
- Click Save to exit the configuration dialog.
- Click Save Page.