The Google Gadget widget allows you to display a Google gadget such as a clock, map, or other Google gadget on your page.
The configuration of this Telligent Community widget only accepts HTML, not XML. To obtain the HTML for the widget, you need to click the widget's Get the code button instead of View source.
Where it works
This widget works in almost any page on the site.
- Navigate to Control Panel Dashboard > System Administration > Site Administration > Widget Studio > Enable/Disable widgets.
- If it is not already present in Allowed widgets, move the widget from the Not Allowed Widgets column to the Allowed Widgets column.
- Click Edit Page, then select and place the Google Gadget widget.
- Click Configure on the widget menu bar. The configuration dialog appears.
- If you want to change the title of the widget, click Change and enter the new widget title.
- Copy the URL in the dialog and paste it into another browser tab or window. Open the page.
- Select a Google Gadget and click Add to your webpage.
- Make any changes you want in the widget setup, such as title, language, width, height, border presence, and border color.
- Click Get the code.
- Copy the code in the HTML window below the widget.
- Back in the Telligent Community Google Gadget window, paste the HTML into the Google Gadget Embed Code window. NOTE: Make sure that the script source code contains "http://," such as below where the code says"<script source="http://www.gmodules.com...". If you leave off the protocol, supporting browsers could make the request using the current protocol (such as https or http), which can in turn cause issues.
- Click Save to exit the configuration dialog. Note: The Google Gadget is not visible in Edit Page mode.
- Click Save Page. The widget appears on the page. If you want to go back and edit the widget properties, such as the title within the Google Gadget, you need to open the widget configuration on your Telligent Community site and edit the HTML, or re-import it after making changes in the Google GUI.