If you are already using a created user ID to log in, you will see the sign-in mode. If you are a new user who has not created an ID yet, you will see the create mode.
This is a new widget in Telligent Community 6.0.
Signs in existing users and creates new user IDs for non-members. You can use this widget to collect other information and, if desired, make it required for registration or sign-in.
Where it works
This widget works on the user-createuser.aspx page and the common-login.aspx page.
- Navigate to Control Panel Dashboard > System Administration > Site Administration > Widget Studio > Enable/Disable widgets.
- If it is not already in Allowed widgets, move the widget from the Not Allowed widgets column to the Allowed widgets column.
- Click Edit Page, then select and place the User - Login and Create widget.
- Click Configure on the widget menu bar. The configuration dialog appears.
- Configure the following fields:
- Determine whether you are using this widget for user creation or user sign-in. Select the appropriate mode in the Mode drop-down. Create mode will prompt a user for his/her email address and new password with password confirmation. Sign-in mode will prompt a user only for username and password.
- If desired, you can add up to two additional fields to the widget, which will appear under the heading "Details," and you can make them required information if you desire.
Move the fields you want to request from the left column to the left column - for example, Language - using the > key. If you make the field(s) required, the Join Now button will be grayed out until the field(s) are populated.
- Click Save.
- If desired, Add a Terms of Service requirement:
- Navigate to Control Panel Dashboard > System Administration > Site Administration > Site Configuration > Setup > General Site Settings.
- In the Terms of Service field, enter a URL for your Terms of Service agreement. (Recommendation: To create a TOS specifically for this community, create a content page [Control Panel Dashboard > System Administration > Site Administration > Site Content > Content Pages]. Copy the URL to that page and enter it in the TOS field in Site Setup.) The "I agree to the Terms of Service" check box will appear on the widget.