In Telligent Community 6.0, two kinds of profile field types were added: Single select and Multiple select. Single select renders as a drop-down in read-only mode (for example, select gender). Multiple select renders a check box list (for example, occupations) you can configure for users to select from in read-only mode.
Displays a group of user profile fields, depending upon the particular kind of user.
You can only select one profile field per instance of this widget.
Where it works
This widget works on the user Profile tab.
- Navigate to Control Panel Dashboard > System Administration > Site Administration > Widget Studio > Enable/Disable widgets.
- If it is not already in Allowed widgets, move the widget from the Not Allowed widgets column to the Allowed widgets column.
Click Edit Page, then select and place the User Profile Fields widget.
Click Configure on the widget menu bar. The configuration dialog appears.
Enter the following configuration items in the Options tab:
- Profile Field Group- Select the grouping of fields to display:
- About - Birthday, location, gender, and language.
- Basic Information - LDAP Enabled - Title, Department, and office (in an LDAP community).
- Basic Information - Non-LDAP Enabled - Title, Department, and office (in a non-LDAP community).
- Contact - Public email, blog, gallery, Web site, Facebook, AOL IM, Yahoo IM, Google IM, Windows Live IM.
- Contact - LDAP Enabled - Email, Office phone, mobile, Web site (in an LDAP community).
- Contact - Non-LDAP Enabled - Email, Office phone, mobile, Web site (in a non-LDAP community).
- Show Profile Information For - Select which user to display profile data for:
- Contextual User - The user profile you are in.
- Accessing User - Logged-in user.
- Read only check box - The user will be able to edit his/her data unless you select this check box.
Click Save to exit the configuration dialog.
- Click Save Page.