The Editing page allows you to specify editing properties for forum posts, such as whether or not users must enter notes when they edit a post, notes are posted at the bottom of posts, and enabling an editing window.
To access the Editing page:
Navigate to Control Panel Dashboard > System Administration > Forum Administration > Configuration > Global Forum Settings > Editing.
Set the Editing page properties:
Require Edit Notes - Disabled by default. Forces users to enter notes about why they edited a post.
Display Edit Notes - Disabled by default. Displays the contents of any applicable post edit notes at the bottom of the post.
Edit Post Body Age Limit (in minutes) - To unrestrict this feature, leave the setting at the default of -1 minutes. (Or C restrict deletion.) Changing this value allows the title of a post to be edited only for that time frame. Entering a value of 60 will only allow the title of the post to be updated for 1 hour after the post was originally made.
- Delete Post Age Limit - The age of a post before it becomes deleted.
Click Save to apply the settings.
- General - Sets forum post properties such as enabling RSS feeds and thread status tracking, the number of items to display on a page, and date filters.
- Attachments - Sets the forum post attachment properties, such as allowable file-type extensions, maximum file size, and attachment dimensions.
- Duplicates - This page sets duplicate post properties, such as whether or not to allow duplicate posts.
- Popular posts - Sets the number of replies, views, or age required before a post is deemed popular.