In Telligent Community 6.0, registered users can subscribe to daily or weekly group activity digests.
By default, Email Digest is enabled for the site, but you must actively subscribe to a group's feed in order to receive the digests. Also, see Email digest for more parameters about this feature.
What you can and can't do with Email Digest, as a registered user
As a registered user:
- Choose whether to receive a daily or weekly digest email
- Subscribe to a digest for a Joinless group
- Subscribe to a public group's activity if you are a member of the group
- Subscribe to a private group's digest if you are a member of the group
- Select which groups' digests you want to receive
- Select different digest frequencies for different groups
- Change your subscription options using the Group Banner widget
- Change your subscription options from your Settings page
- Be automatically subscribed to a group's activities
- Combine groups into one digest
- Select different digest frequencies in the same group
For more information about Email Digest's capabilities, see Email digest.
The Group Banner widget gives you options for daily digest subscription; weekly digest subscription, or no digest. The Group Banner widget has a drop-down list on the right side that list options to subscribe to daily digests, weekly digests, or to not send a digest.
- In the Group Banner widget, click the Email Digest subscription drop-down.
- Select from the following options:
- Daily digest via email - You will receive one email digest for this group on a daily basis, at a time prescribed by your administrator
- Weekly digest via email - You will receive one email digest for this group on a weekly basis, at a time and date prescribed by your administrator
- Do not send a digest - This is the default option. In this option, you do not receive any digest email
Your changes in this widget will also be visible in your Settings > Email page drop-downs. Once you have made a selection in the drop-down, you will receive a confirmation message at the top of your screen.
Change your Email Digest subscription status from your Settings page
The Email tab in your Settings page gives you the option of selecting your Email Digest frequency for every group you belong to and Joinless groups.
By default, the Frequency option "Subscribe to group activities" indicates that you are not currently subscribed to a digest for a group. You cannot select the "Do not send digest" option from here, because you are already not receiving digests.
- Beside the group you want to change to change settings for, select the appropriate setting under the Frequency drop-down:
If you are not subscribed, select from:
If you are subscribed, select from:
- Daily digest via email
- Weekly digest via email
- Daily digest via email (if you were previously subscribed to weekly)
- Weekly digest via email (if you were previously subscribed to daily)
- Do not send a digest (if you were subscribed to either daily or weekly digests). This option will say "Subscribe to group activities" after you select it.
- Click Save.