A tag is a keyword or term associated with a post which provides a link to other blog posts that use the same tag. Tags give you flexibility in structuring your Web site and may help community members better find relevant content.
- You can add tags for use on blog posts via a management tab in the Control Panel without directly assigning the tag to a particular post, but still making it available for the blog author(s) as they create or edit blog posts.
- Using the same management tab, you can also edit the list of available tags or even delete all tags used in a blog regardless of who created them. (Use caution when editing or deleting tabs since any blog posts that use an affected tag are affected by the edit or deletion.)
- Another way to remove a tag from the tag list is to remove all of its instances (that is, in each post where it's used) in the blog.
- Removing a tag from one blog does not affect it anywhere else in any other applications.
View tags used in a blog
Click the name of the blog in the Blog - Browse Blogs list.
Click Edit blog settings in the Options panel. The blog Configure > Blog Setup tab appears.
Navigate to Manage > Tags.
Any existing blog tags are displayed alphabetically in the tag list. The Posts column lists the number of posts in this blog that use the tag. (Clicking the number for the tag will display the posts that use it.)
Add a tag to be used for blog posts
In the Manage > Tags tab (Control Panel > My blogs > [blog name] > Manage > Tags), click Create new tag. The Tag editor dialog box appears.
- Type the new tag in the Name field.
- Click Save. The tag will now be listed in the Tags tab with 0 posts associated with it. When you click Select tags on a blog post, this new tag will be among the selection options.
Remove a tag from all blog posts where it's used
- In the Manage > Tags tab (Control Panel > My blogs > [blog name] > Manage > Tags) list of tags, click Delete.
- Click OK in the confirmation dialog box. The tag will be removed from any post in the blog where it was previously used.
Change a tag in all blog posts where it's used
- In the Manage > Tags tab (Control Panel > My blogs > [blog name] > Manage > Tags) list of tags, click Edit. The Tag editor dialog box appears.
- Type over the existing tag in the Name field with the desired change.
- Click Save. The old tag name is changed to the new tag name wherever it's used in the blog. The post count remains the same.