- Telligent Event Calendar 1.7 and Telligent Event Calendar 2.0 are both compatible with 6.0 and 6.1.
- Currently the Telligent Event Calendar does not support installation on a case sensitive database.
- If you want to upgrade from Telligent Event Calendar 1.7 to 2.0, you can simply overlay the files from the 2.0 install over your 1.7 site files and then run the 2.0 SQL script.
Installing Web files
It is recommended that you back up your entire Web directory before performing any installs.
- If you haven't already gotten it, Obtain the full Telligent Community Suite installation package from Telligent Support. (This package also contains the Telligent Event Calendar installation.)
- Open the Extensions folder and unzip the TelligentEventCalendar zip file.
- Copy the contents of /Web to your Web installation directory. The /Web folder contents of the installation package mirrors the Telligent Community Web structure.
- If you do not have a communityserver_override.config, rename the file communityserver_override.config.sample to communityserver_override.config. If you already have a communityserver_override.config file. merge the contents of communityserver_override.config.sample into your communityserver_override.config file, then remove communityserver_override.config.sample.
- If you do not have a siteurls_override.config, rename the file siteurls_override.config.sample to siteurls_override.config. If you already have a siteurls_override.config file, merge the contents of siteurls_override.config.sample into your siteurls_override.config file, then remove siteurls_override.config.sample.
- Merge the contents of /Web/Languages/en-US/ControlPanelResources.xml.sample into your ControlPanelResources.xml, then remove ControlPanelResources.xml.sample.
Installing SQL files
It is recommended that you do a full database backup before installing SQL.
The installation package contains a folder called /SqlScripts which contains the necessary SQL files. The SQL files are prepended with a version number. This version should match the assembly version of Telligent.Evolution.Extensions.Calendar.dll in /Web/bin.
Execute 1.0.0.0000_install.sql on your Telligent product database, where 1.0.0.0000 is the version of Telligent Event Calendar you are installing.
Enabling Telligent Event Calendar plugin
- Go to the Web site's Control Panel page. Browse to the Manage Plugins page (System Administration > Site Administration > Site Configuration > Manage Plugins).
- Place a check mark next to the Calendar Functionality plugin, and click Save.
Enabling the "Calendar Functionality" plugin adds a .css file and images to the site's themes; enables the Telligent Event Calendar tabs in the site and group navigation, and adds the Telligent Event Calendar pages and layouts. Server and/or browser caching may prevent these changes from being seen immediately. After enabling the plugin, restarting the Web site and/or clearing the browser cache should make the Telligent Event Calendar functionality appear immediately.
Installing tasks and search
In order for search to function, you must install the content handlers. To do so, in the directory where you installed the Telligent Job Scheduler, locate the tasks.config file and edit it:
Find the Telligent.Evolution.Search.Tasks.SearchIndexingContentHandlerTask and after the default handlers, and add the Telligent Event Calendar and event content handlers as illustrated below where XX is the next sequential number.
<job schedule="0 */2 * * * ? *" type="Telligent.Evolution.Search.Tasks.SearchIndexingContentHandlerTask, Telligent.Evolution.Search">
<add key="documentsPerRun" value="100" />
...(Default Content Handlers)...
<add key="handler-XX" value="Telligent.Evolution.Extensions.Calendar.Search.CalendarContentHandler, Telligent.Evolution.Extensions.Calendar" />
<add key="handler-XX" value="Telligent.Evolution.Extensions.Calendar.Search.CalendarEventContentHandler, Telligent.Evolution.Extensions.Calendar" />
- Locate the Tasks folder in the Telligent Event Calendar installation package and copy the remaining jobs into the node of your Job Scheduler's tasks.config file.
- You will also need to copy the following files from the installation package to their respective places in the installation directory or the Job Scheduler service:(note: * means all, e.g., *.dll means all files with the extension of .dll)
- Copy Web/bin/*.dll to the root of the Job Scheduler installation (same location as the .exe file).
- Copy Web/Modules/*.config to the Modules folder in the Job Scheduler installation.
- Copy all files and folders from Web/Languages to the same folder in the Job Scheduler installation.
- If there is not already a communityserver_override.config file in the Job Scheduler installation directory, copy the Web/communityserver_override.config.sample file to the Job Scheduler installation directory and rename it to communityserver_override.config. If the file already exists, merge the contents of these files as you did when installing the Web files.
- If there is not already a file siteurls_override.config file in the Job Scheduler installation directory, copy the Web/siteurls_override.config.sample file to the Job Scheduler installation and rename it to siteurls_override.config. If it already exists, merge the contents of these files as you did when installing the Web files.
- Restart your Job Scheduler Service.
If you are running the Job Scheduler with database persistence
This section doesn't apply if you are using the Quartz RamJobStore.
You must clear the database state for the search indexing job or it will not recognize the new Telligent Event Calendar content handlers.
- Stop the Job Scheduler service and run the following SQL on your database to do so:
DELETE FROM QRTZ_TRIGGERS WHERE TRIGGER_NAME='Telligent.Evolution.Search.Tasks.SearchIndexingContentHandlerTask, Telligent.Evolution.Search'
DELETE FROM QRTZ_JOB_DETAILS WHERE JOB_NAME = 'Telligent.Evolution.Search.Tasks.SearchIndexingContentHandlerTask, Telligent.Evolution.Search'
- Restart your Job Scheduler service.