Document Sync enables a Telligent Media Gallery to sync files or documents with a SharePoint Document Library.
This Telligent Evolution integration solution has been develop and tested on the following platforms:
- Microsoft SharePoint Foundation 2010
- Microsoft SharePoint Server 2010
- Telligent Community 3.1
Set up group partnership with Integration Manager
- Go to Telligent's Control Panel > System Administration > Site Administration > Site Configuration > Manage Plugins and select the Partnerships tab.
- Select the SharePoint Integration Manager Plugin check box to enable it.
- Click Configure. The configuration dialog box appears.
- Click Add and enter the following information that pertains to your environment.
- Telligent Group - The group you would like the Document Sync to take place with.
- SharePoint Site Collection - The title of the Site Collection. Make sure that the Integration Manager is configured.
- Media Gallery Partnership - A list of available media galleries in the group.
- This enables the Document Sync between a media gallery and a SharePoint Document Library.
- When complete, click Save. At this point, your configuration will be added to the Partnerships above. Make sure to click Save in the SharePoint Integration Manager to commit all your changes.
Set up group partnership with widget
- Go to the Telligent Community site and navigate to a media gallery home page as an administrator.
- Select Edit Page.
- Drag and drop the new SharePoint Group Partnerships widget onto the group's home page.
- Select Partner this group with a SharePoint site.
- In the Partner with text box, enter the title of the Site Collection with which you want to partner.
- (Adding members to SharePoint site is optional.)
- Click Create Partnership. Notice that a media gallery is found, but no partnership is created yet.
- Click (No partnership yet) and select a document library, or create a new one.
- Click the Create Partnership button in the dialog box.
Document Synchronization Widget
The following section describes the configuration and purpose of the widget.
- After configuring a Partnership, go to a Telligent Group and then navigate to the Media Gallery page. Select Edit Page.
- Locate the SharePoint - Document Library.
- Add the SharePoint - Document Library widget to the page. Click Save Page when complete.
- If a partnership is not established and you would like access to a SharePoint Document Library, select Edit Page.
- Then select the widget properties to configure a SharePoint Document Library.
- In the SharePoint Site, enter the title of the Site Collection or Site you would like to view.
- After the Site is selected, the Document Libraries will load and you may use the type ahead feature to select a Document Library.
The SharePoint - Document Library widget enables the user to view and sync files with a SharePoint Document Library from a Telligent media gallery. It also provides some SharePoint functionality to Check In/Out documents as well as view version history.