Change a user's sign-in information (username and password), any site or profile settings for a user, or change the roles to which the user is assigned.
If you make any significant changes to the user's account, we recommend that you set Force login on next visit to Yes on the Manage users > Admin page so that the next page the user loads forces him/her instead to the sign in page, automatically logging him/her out. Once the user logs back in, this setting is automatically set back to No.
Change a username
- Navigate to Control Panel Dashboard > Membership Administration > Members and Roles > Manage Users.
- In the Manage Users page, search for the user whose account you want to change. The appropriate list of users appears.
- To change the username for a user, click Change username next to that user's username. The Change Username dialog window appears.
- Specify the new username you want to change to in Desired username. The username must follow the configured username rules.
- If you do not want Telligent Community to check this username against the username rules, select the Ignore disallowed names check box.
- Click Change username. If the username is changed successfully, you are returned to the user listing with the new username displayed.
Change a password
- To change the password for a user, click Change password in the Manage Users page, next to that user's username. The Change Password dialog window is displayed.
- Specify the new password in both New password and Re-enter new password fields The password must follow the configured password rules.
- Click Change Password. If the password is changed successfully, you are returned to the user listing.
View a user's roles
- To view the role(s) to which a user is assigned, click Roles. The User Roles dialog box appears.
- Click Save or close the dialog.
(To change a user's role, see Assign one or more roles to a user. To learn more about roles, see Site roles and group membership types.)