If there is already a role that includes the majority of permissions you want to grant for a new role, you can clone that existing role.
- Navigate to Control Panel Dashboard > System Administration > Membership Administration > Member and Roles > Manage Site Roles.
- Choose the role you want to clone from the Site Role drop-down list.
- Click Clone Role. The name is renamed to Clone of <role name>, the permissions granted for that existing role rename in the Granted Permissions list, and the role icon remains (although the role icon isn't actually cloned).
- Optionally, change the Name of the new role.
- Optionally, change the Description of the new role.
- Optionally, add additional permissions to the Granted Permissions list (using the > key) or remove permissions using the < key).
- Click Save. The name of the clone role is displayed in the Site Role drop-down list as confirmation that the role was successfully created.