Add roles and permissions to your blog. These permissions override the site-level permissions and apply only to the blog.
To add blog roles and permissions:
- Navigate to Control Panel Dashboard > System Administration > Blog Administration > Blogs and Groups > Blogs > [blog name] and click Edit. The basic Blog Setup page appears.
- Select the Permissions page.
- Select a previously created role from the Site role drop-down list. The default permissions assigned to the role at the site-level display in the permission boxes.
The Available permissions box reflects the permissions that can be assigned to the user within the blog context. The Granted permissions box reflects the site-level permissions granted to the Registered Users role in the blog context.
- Assign permissions by moving them between the Available permissions and Granted permissions boxes with the arrow buttons:
- Blog - Attach Files Locally - Upload and attach files to a post.
- Blog - Attach Files Remotely - Link to media hosted on a separate server.
- Blog - Create Comments - Create comments on blog posts.
- Blog - Create Posts - Create new blog posts.
- Blog - Delete Comments - Delete blog post comments.
- Blog - Delete Posts - Delete blog posts.
- Blog - Edit Theme - Modify theme pages, import/export theme configuration, and change the theme for a blog.
- Blog - Manage Content Pages - Allows a user to add, edit, and delete custom pages within the context of a blog.
- Blog - Moderate - Approve blog posts, comments, and manage spam.
- Blog - Edit Blog Settings - Modify blog application settings.
- Blog - Edit Comments - Modify blog post comments.
- Blog - Edit Posts - Modify blog posts, including tags and featured content settings.
- Blog - Override Validation - Bypass file type (extension) restrictions when uploading files (depends on Blogs - Attach Files Locally permission).
- Blog - Rate Posts - Rate blog posts.
- Blog - Read Posts - Access blog post content, RSS and ATOM feeds, associated tags, and create pingback and trackback links.
- Click Save to apply the settings.