You can assign privileges to user roles to control the user permissions within wikis. If the wiki is at the group level (that is, not at the Site Root), the roles and permissions will interact with the group-level settings.
To assign wiki permissions:
- Navigate to Control Panel Dashboard > System Administration > Wiki Administration > Wikis.
- Click Edit to open the editable wiki properties. The Permissions tab appears.
- Select a role from the Site Role drop-down list and assign the permissions.
- Wiki - Create comments - Role can add comments to wiki pages.
- Wiki - Create new pages - Role can create new wiki pages.
- Wiki - Delete comments - Role can delete comments.
- Wiki - Delete pages - Role can delete wiki pages.
- Wiki - Lock pages - Role can lock wiki pages, which restricts all activity on the wiki page.
- Wiki - Edit comments - Role can edit comments to wiki pages.
- Wiki - Edit pages - Role can edit wiki pages.
- Wiki - Edit wiki settings - Role can access the Manage Content section of the Control Panel and edit wiki pages and comments settings. This permission should be restricted to users with administrative privileges.
- Wiki - Move pages - Role can move wiki pages between wikis. This permission should be restricted to users with administrative privileges.
- Wiki - Rate comments - Wiki comment rating functionality is available to the role. Any user with the rate pages privilege should have the read wikis functionality as well.
- Wiki - Rate pages - Wiki page rating functionality is available to the role. Any user with the rate pages privilege should have the read wikis functionality as well.
- Wiki - Read wikis - Role can access wikis and read them. This role is usually given to users without administrative functionalities. You will want to ensure that roles with administrative functionalities also have read privileges.
- Click Save to apply the settings.