Telligent Community 7.0 adds OAuth and Manage Abuse permissions for roles.
Roles and group membership types determine the content users can see and the kinds of functions they are allowed to perform within your Telligent community at the site, group, and application level.
Group membership types
Group membership types determine what functions a user can perform in a group. Telligent Community has three types of group membership:
- Owner - Can govern membership and content.
- Manager - Can govern content.
- Member - Can create content.
More detailed information about group membership types and permissions can be found here.
A role is, at its simplest, a group of permissions, customizable to your specific community. Roles are created at the site level, but can be utilized at the site, group, or application level to customize the capabilities users can access. You can also create custom roles.
Telligent Community has four roles created by default:
- Administrator - Has all site, group, and application permissions, as detailed here.
- Moderator - Has permission to moderate and manage content in applications, as detailed here.
- Registered User - Has permissions to contribute content and comments, as detailed here.
- Everyone - Has permissions to read posts and download media files, as detailed here;.
Each role can also have a role icon associated with it so that wherever the user is shown throughout the community, that role icon is displayed as well.
Default site role permissions