This procedure enable you to use use your Facebook credentials to sign into your site.
Facebook OAuth and Facebook Connect require having a Facebook account. Obtaining one is outside of the scope of this article.
Register a new application on Facebook
- Log into Facebook.
- Navigate to http://developers.facebook.com/setup/ to set up a new Facebook application. The Create new app dialog appears.
- Fill in the desired App name in the App name field.
- Click Continue.
- Enter the security check code and click Submit.
- If the account verification dialog appears, provide verification information such as your mobile phone number and confirm receipt of the security code.
- Enter any additional security check information, such as an additional security check code.
- Click Submit. The Application > Basic window appears.
- Fill in the following fields:
- Display name (required) - The name of the application
- Contact email (required) - An email address for Facebook to user for contact
- Website with Facebook login (required) - The name of your site
- Click Save changes. Once registered, Facebook will provide you with security details.
- Copy and save the App ID and App Secret values to another location. (Note: In the following screen capture, a partial ID and secret are shown).
Add a secure port in IIS
You must have SSL set up
to use Facebook authentication for Telligent Community.
- Open IIS.
- Click Bindings (Sites > [site name] > Actions pane > Edit Site pane > Bindings). The Site bindings window appears.
- Click Add. The Add site binding window appears.
- Select https from the Type drop-down.
- If you are using the IP address where IIS is located, you can leave the IP address field blank; it will default to the current address. If you need to specify a different IP, type that into the IP address field.
- Specify 443 in the Port field.
- Click OK
Configure the Telligent Community login
- Log into Telligent Community as an administrator.
- Optional: If you want to give users the opportunity to add an ID such as their LinkedIn profile, you can add the fields in the widget at this point. Note that if you select the Required check box, they will be required to furnish this information. To add this profile information:
- Collect user information upon registration by adding profile fields:
- Navigate to the user profile page.
- Click Edit page.
- Click Select page and select user-createuser.
- Click Edit selected page.
- On the User - Login and Create widget, click Configure.
- Check the Mode drop-down list and select Create if this is not already selected.
- If desired, enable ReCaptcha using the Enable Captcha check box.
- Move the fields you want to request from the left column to the right column - for example, Website - using the > key.
- If you want to require this/these fields for sign-in, select the Required check boxes on each field.
- Click Save in the dialog.
- Click Save page.
- Add a Terms of Service requirement:
- Navigate to Control Panel Dashboard > System administration > Site administration > Site configuration > Setup > General site settings.
- In the Terms of Service field, enter a URL for your Terms of Service agreement. (Recommendation: To create a TOS specifically for this community, create a content page [Control Panel Dashboard > System administration > Site administration > Site content > Content pages]. Copy the URL to that page and enter it in the TOS field in Site setup.)
- Click Save.
Configure the Telligent Community plugin
- Navigate to Control Panel Dashboard > System Administration > Site Administration > Site Configuration > Manage Plugins.
- Select the Facebook OAuth Client check box, and click its Configure button. The configuration dialog appears.
- In the Facebook OAuth Client dialog box, paste the following settings into the appropriate text fields:
- Consumer Key: The ID copied from Facebook.
- Consumer Secret: The App Secret copied from Facebook.
- Authorize Base URL (should already be set): https://graph.facebook.com/oauth/authorize
- Access Token URL (should already be set): https://graph.facebook.com/oauth/access_token
- Click Save in the configuration dialog box.
- Double-check that the plug-in is enabled in the Manage Plugins page, and click Save.
- Log out. If you click Sign in again, Facebook will be a sign-in option.
Sign into Telligent Community with Facebook credentials
You can use your Facebook credentials to sign into your Telligent Community site.
- In the sign-in screen, click Facebook. The Connect with Facebook dialog appears.
- Click Connect with Facebook. The Facebook sign in dialog appears.
- Enter your Facebook email in the dialog.
- Click Continue. The Telligent Community welcome screen appears.