You don’t always want to save your group theme changes as default. For example, if you have modified a group's page layouts, added or removed widgets to pages, and configured the group theme, you may want to apply that group theme to a few other groups on the site (not all), for example:
- Make changes to the “Red” group theme. Save only for the group.
- Apply the “Red” group theme to the “Blue” group.
First, you'll need to copy the group theme:
- Configure your page layouts, etc., via the Edit Page button.
- In Control Panel > Site Administration > Site Content > Manage Themes, select Group Theme and the theme configured in step 1 and Save As.
- In “Save As…”, in the From Group field, select the group you configured in step 1, give the theme a name and click Save. This will include all changes to configuration, headers, footers, pages and widgets associated with the theme.
Now, apply the copied theme to the new group:
- In Control Panel > My Groups, select the new group.
- Click Configure > Themes.
- In the Theme drop-down, choose the copied theme.
- Confirm and then Save.