This is the Enterprise theme view of the widget.
Displays a comment form for users to comment on a blog post.
The user's role must allow the user to comment on posts with the Blog - Create comments permission, and the Can readers comment property must be enabled on the blog's Post Options page.
This widget works on the blog post page.
- Navigate to Control Panel Dashboard > Blog Administration > Blogs > [Blog name] > Manage button > Configure > Post Options.
- For "Can readers comment," select Yes.
- Click Save.
- Navigate to Control Panel Dashboard > System Administration > Site Administration > Widget Studio > Enable/Disable widgets.
- If it is not already present in Allowed widgets, move the widget from the Not Allowed Widgets column to the Allowed Widgets column.
- Click Edit Page on the blog post page, select and place the Blog - Add Comment Form widget.
- Click Configure on the widget menu bar.
- You can change the following options:
- Widget title - You can change the title of the widget from Blog - Add Comment Form to another desired name by clicking Change and entering the new name, then clicking Save.
- Minimum number of comments required to display - This defaults to 0. Specifies the minimum number of comments users must publish before they are displayed.
- Click Save in the configuration dialog.
- Click Save Page.