This is the Enterprise theme view of the widget.
Not all of the widget's options are displayed on all pages, even if they are enabled. For example, "Share this" only appears on the blog post page.
Displays the list of blog-related links available to the user. The options available to individual users will vary depending upon the user's permissions and which options are manually enabled. The default title for this widget is "Options."
This widget works on blog home pages and blog post pages.
- The Enterprise theme version of this widget is titled "Administration" by default. In the Default version, it is titled "Options."
- The Enterprise theme version of this widget utilizes the term "bookmark," where the Default theme utilizes the term "favorite."
- Navigate to Control Panel Dashboard > System Administration > Site Administration > Widget Studio > Enable/Disable widgets.
- If it is not already present in Allowed widgets, move the widget from the Not Allowed Widgets column to the Allowed Widgets column.
- Click Edit Page, then select and place the Blog - Links widget.
- Click Configure on the widget menu bar.
You can configure:
- Widget title - You can change this widget's title, such as from "Administration" to
"Options," by clicking Change and entering the new name.
The options available to individual users will vary depending upon the user's permissions and which options are manually enabled. The default title for this widget is "Administration." You can also use the drag-and-drop functionality to manually re-order the items in the list.
Additional configuration options:
- Home - Opens the blog home page.
- Subscribe via RSS - User can subscribe to the blog via an RSS feed. The subscription is for all blogs in the current group.
- My Blog Dashboard - Open to your list of blogs in the My Blogs section of the Control Panel. The user must be a blog owner or an administrator for this option to be available.
- About - Opens to the blog About page, if one has been created.
- Email blog author - Opens the contact form so users can contact the blog author. This option brings up the same window as the Blog - Email Author widget.
- FAvorite this blog - Adds the blog to the user's favorites list.
- Edit this post - Opens the editing functionality. The user must have editing permissions.
- Write a blog post - Opens the new blog post functionality in the My Blogs section of the Control Panel. The user must be the blog owner or have administrative permissions.
- New post by email - User can create blog posts via email.
- RSS for Posts - User can subscribe to the blog via an RSS feed.
- Atom - User can subscribe to the blog via Atom.
- RSS for Comments - User can be notified when comments are published to the post.
- Email Subscriptions for Blog - User can receive notification emails when new posts are published to the blog.
- Email subscriptions for Post - User can receive email notifications of post comments.
- Blog Administration - Opens the blog administration section of the Control Panel. The user must have blog administration permissions.
- Control Panel - Opens the Control Panel. The user must have administration permissions.
- Create Blog - Opens the Blog Administration section of the Control Panel where the user can create a new blog for the group. The user must have Blog - Create blog permission. Note: This option brings up the same option as the Blog - Create Blog widget.
- Favorite this post - Adds this post to the user's profile Favorites tab.
- Share this - Opens a Start a Conversation dialog. Type in the username and click Start a conversation.
- Manage content pages - Takes you to the Content Pages tab in the Control Panel blog options.
- Edit this theme - Takes you to the Themes tab in Control Panel blog options.
- Click Save to close the configuration dialog.
- Click Save Page.