This is the Enterprise theme view of the widget.
Displays a form for deleting a post and furnishing a reason for the deletion. If the post on the page is a thread starter, the Delete Children option is automatically selected. (If it is a child post, you can elect whether or not to use the Delete children option.)
If you select the Send Author Delete Notification check box, the community will email the post author about the deletion.
This widget is only enabled for the site theme (which is controlled by configuration). A user must have Forum - Delete Post permission (through his/her role) in order to use the widget to delete a post. (If not, the user will be able to fill out the form, but will receive an error when he/she clicks Delete.)
Sending notifications works if you have "Send notifications" selected in the user's Settings > Email tab.
Where it works
This widget works on forum post pages.
- Navigate to Control Panel Dashboard > System Administration > Site Administration > Widget Studio > Enable/Disable widgets.
- If it is not already in Allowed widgets, move the widget from the Not Allowed widgets column to the Allowed widgets column.
- Click Edit Page, then select and place the Forums - Delete Post widget.
- Click Configure on the widget menu bar. The configuration dialog appears.
You can change the title of this widget, such as from "Forums - Delete Post" to "Delete this post," by clicking Change and entering the new name.
- Click Save to exit the configuration dialog.
- Click Save Page.