This is the Enterprise theme view of the widget.
Vertical example with changed title, showing current contextual group's sub-groups (which are named "blog")
Horizontal example with default title, showing accessing user's groups
Displays a configurable list of groups (the current signed-on accessing user's groups; groups for the user you're editing ["contextual user"], or the contextual user's subgroups).
Where it works
This widget works on nearly any page on the site.
In the Enterprise theme version of this widget, the "Show latest activity message" option has been removed.
- Navigate to Control Panel Dashboard > System Administration > Site Administration > Widget Studio > Enable/Disable widgets.
- If it is not already in Allowed widgets, move the widget from the Not Allowed widgets column to the Allowed widgets column.
- Click Edit Page, then select and place the Group - List widget.
- Click Configure on the widget menu bar. The configuration dialog appears.
You can change the following options:
- Widget title - Enter a new name for the widget if desired.
- Show - Specifies the items that display in the group list. This option displays as Accessing User's Groups from the Dashboard context.
- Current contextual group's subgroups - Displays the subgroups of the current group.
- Current contextual user's groups - Displays the groups owned by the user who owns the current group.
- Accessing user's groups - Displays the groups to which you belong.
- View Type - Specifies the information displayed about the groups in the list.
- Detailed List - Displays detailed information about the items in the list, such as group avatar, group description, author, author avatar, and application.
- Simple Extended List - Displays less information than the Detailed List format, such as author, author avatar, and application.
- Simple List - Displays only group names in the list.
- Sort Order - Specifies whether the groups display in ascending or descending order.
- Number of Items to Display - Specifies the number of items to display in the list.
- Click Save and exit the configuration dialog.
- Click Save Page.