The following screen capture shows the Enterprise theme view of the widget.
Quick Post allows you to create status messages and easy posts to forums, wikis, blogs, and media applications.
Quick Post requires search to be installed in order to work.
Where it works
This widget works on just about any page on the site. However, it is context-sensitive. For example, if you place it on an application post page or application Home page, it will only post to that application (for example, on a blog page, you can only publish to that blog). If you place it on a group Home page, it will display tabs for all applications available in the group (but not its subgroups) and will prompt you for applications (for example, "Publish to blog: Telligent Community70-Blog") in the group. If you place it on the site Home page, it will display tabs for all applications available on the site, including groups and subgroups, and will prompt you to choose from the available choices per application.
Enable status messages for the desired groups
By default, when you create a group, it defaults to allow status message posting on the group Home page Quick Post widget. However, once the group is created the Group Options page has an "Enable messages" check box that can disable status messages in the group by being deselected. Deselecting the Enable messages check box will prevent group members from seeing the Quick Post "Leave a message" tab on the group Home Page - no matter how the widget is configured. Deselecting the Enable messages check box (that is, disabling status messages) for the group will not disable status messages in subgroups.
- Navigate to Control Panel Dashboard > System Administration > Site Administration > Widget Studio > Enable/Disable widgets.
- If it is not already in Allowed widgets, move the widget from the Not Allowed widgets column to the Allowed widgets column.
- Click Edit Page, then select and place the Quick Post widget.
- Click Configure on the widget menu bar. The configuration dialog appears.
- Click Change if you want to change the widget's title, such as from "Quick Post" to "Fast posting."
- Status Message Prompt - Click Change to present a different prompt message to the user, such as "Post you message."
- Posting Options -
- Standard (Status and applications) - Enables the "Leave a message" tab as well as application posting tabs ("Write a blog post," "Start a discussion," "Share a file," "Publish to wiki").
- Status update only - Enables only status message ("Leave a message") posting.
- Click Save to exit the configuration dialog.
- Click Save Page.
Displaying the widget's posts
Quick Post status messages and application post stories appear in the Activity Story Stream subject to a few conditions for that widget. The only limit on what is posted using the Quick Post widget is how it's scoped - to allow status and application posts within the context, or to only allow status messages.