This is the Enterprise theme view of the widget.
Displays a tag cloud which contains a list of tags that link to search results of content which includes that tag.
You can configure this widget to automatically pick up tags in all applications (the default), or only in a specific application (such as blogs), and you can configure the cloud to link to the tag browser in the context (which would be an application or group); to the site (returning more tags), or to nothing.
You can also configure the widget not to filter by tags identified in the URL thus, giving you more results than just those identified in the URL tags). This can be useful if the cloud is displayed on a Tag Browser page. (If you don't select this check box, only tags included in query string parameters are shown.)
Bear in mind that with certain settings emphasizing context and/or application, the widget may look different from one page to another on your site.
If no tags are found, the widget does not display unless the Enable No Tags Message option is selected in the widget configuration.
Where it works
This widget works on just about any page on the site.
- Navigate to Control Panel Dashboard > System Administration > Site Administration > Widget Studio > Enable/Disable widgets.
- If it is not already in Allowed widgets, move the widget from the Not Allowed widgets column to the Allowed widgets column.
- Click Edit Page, then select and place the Tag Cloud widget.
- Click Configure on the widget menu bar. The configuration dialog appears.
You can make the following changes:
- Widget title - Click Change to edit this widget's name, such as changing "Tag Cloud" to "Tags."
- (Automatically Detect) - Depending on the type of page where the widget resides, the tags from the appropriate application are displayed.
- Forums - Only tags for forums within the current context are displayed.
- Weblogs - Only tags for blogs within the current context are displayed.
- Media Galleries - Only tags for file galleries within the current context are displayed.
- Ignore Filter Tags - If not selected, only tags included in query string parameters (if any) are shown. If selected, all tags are shown, regardless.
- Maximum Number of Tags - Limits the number of tags displayed in the tag cloud, sorted by most often used. Default is 25.
- Minimum Number of Posts per Tag - Limits the display of tags to only those with at least this number of posts. Default is 1.
- Tags to Filter by - Specifies only certain tags that you want to display in the tag cloud.
- Show Post Count - If selected, includes a count of the number of posts to which a tag is assigned.
- Enable No Tags Message - If selected, the tag cloud widget is displayed even if there are no tags for the current context.
- Text to Display when No Tags are Available - If Enable No Tags Message is selected, this message is displayed within the widget. Default is No tags have been created or used yet.
- Link each Tag to:
- Site Tag Browser - Tag search results for the entire community.
- Contextual Tag Browser - Tag search results that are contextual to the location you're in. This is the default.
- (Nothing) - The tags in the tag cloud are not links.
- Link Header to - Same choices as the Link each Tag to option.
- Click Save to exit the configuration dialog.
- Click Save Page.