This is the Enterprise theme view of the widget.
This widget displays the list of RSS feeds added by the user on his/her Settings Basic Options page. This widget differs from the RSS Feed in that:
- Its format is predetermined - it is comparable to the RSS Feed widget's "Not Paged/Not Filtered" view, displaying no excerpts.
- It displays multiple feeds. The RSS Feed widget is used for only one feed.
By default, this widget is available to users to load onto their dashboard.
This widget only displays feeds if they have been configured by the user on his/her Settings Basic Options page.
Where it works
This widget is used on the user profile pages such as the Favorites tab.
In the Enterprise theme, the term "Bookmark" was used in place of "Favorite." "Favorite" is used in the Default theme.
- Navigate to Control Panel Dashboard > System Administration > Site Administration > Widget Studio > Enable/Disable widgets.
- If it is not already in Allowed widgets, move the widget from the Not Allowed widgets column to the Allowed widgets column.
- Click Edit Page, then select and place the User - Shared RSS Feeds widget.
- Click Configure on the widget menu bar. The configuration dialog appears.
You can configure the following options:
- Widget title - To change this, such as from "User - Shared RSS Feeds" to "Feeds You Should Check Out," click Change and enter a new name in the Widget Title field.
- Number of items per RSS feed to display - Enter the number of items you want to display. Default is 5.
- Click Save to exit the configuration dialog.
- Click Save Page.
Configure the feeds
- Navigate to the user's Settings page.
- Click Basic Options.
- In the Shared Feeds field (Edit User widget), enter RSS feed URLs, one feed per line.
- Click Save. When you navigate back to the user's (for example) Favorites tab, the feeds should be displayed.