In Telligent Community, widgets are part of a suite with features centering around:
- Widget Studio design - Using Telligent's Velocity-based scripting and dynamic configuration, you can completely manipulate any Telligent Evolution 7.0 widget - adding, editing, saving as, or even creating new widgets.
- Customization for themes - In the Control Panel, you can easily save or replace widgets throughout a theme.
- Portability - Widgets are now completely contained in single configuration files instead of partially residing within the theme.config file.
- Safety - Widgets can be safely reverted to defaults. They can be upgraded safely, since they are built on upgrade-safe Platform APIs
Useful system administration and customization capabilities for widgets include:
- Delete a Widget Studio widget - You can entirely remove a widget, if desired, without accessing core files.
- Enable or disable Widget Studio widgets for a theme - Do this either from the dedicated tab or through a button in the Manage Widgets tab interface. Also view which themes have the widget enabled without leaving the tab.
- Import or export a widget - Export the entire configuration of a widget for use by others, and you can easily import a saved widget to your site.
- Replace a widget in a theme - Replace a widget in a site, group, blog, or Dashboard-specific theme. This would be helpful, for example, when you want the same widget to work two different ways between groups.
- Revert a widget - If you modify a widget, you can later revert this widget to the original default implementation.
- Save a widget for a theme - Using the save as for a theme feature, you can save a version of a widget specifically to a theme (or as the default version for all themes).
- Widget providers and theme versions - Learn about the sorting parameters that apply to widget theme version or type of implementation in Manage Widgets.
You can access the Telligent Marketplace on the Web or via a button in the Manage Widgets tab.