Telligent Community page customization functionality allows you to control users' options for customizing their Dashboards based on the permissions granted to their user role. You can also control group and blog customization through the Blog Administration > Configuration > Default Presentation tab Enable Theme Configuration property, which determines whether or not group and blog owners have access to configurable theme properties.
By default, all users have permission to customize their Dashboard page by adding, deleting, and customizing widgets, as well as customizing their page layout with a single click. Even though users are allowed to customize their Dashboard, you can limit the available widgets by modifying the widget availability list in the Control Panel.
Along with user Dashboards, Telligent Community provides default out-of-the-box widget availability lists for groups and blogs, as well as site-wide settings. Page customization permissions are dependent on user roles. For example, a user with Everyone permissions will only be able to customize their Dashboard. System, group, and blog administrators, on the other hand, will be able to edit group and blog pages. Only system administrators will have editing permissions for all pages of the site.
To launch the edit functionality, click Edit Page.
The list of available widgets for that page displays across the top of the page.
This section contains the following articles:
- Change pages via Edit Page mode - Change the Dashboard/Home page with widgets, layout, and profile options.
- Create ads - Enable advertisements and regional advertisement widgets on the Dashboard.
- Create custom navigation - Specialize your site's navigation with multiple navigation bars and customized contents.
- Creating content pages - Create searchable custom pages that contain links, RSS feeds, or any other information available through Telligent Community's many widgets.
- Customized registration experience - Include customized profile fields you've created for your community on the registration form.
- Dashboard - Enable/disable user customization or lock specific widgets on the Dashboard/Home page.
- Editable headers and footers - Modify the page header or footer to customize the experience.
- Make welcome.aspx the default login page for members - Modify web.config to direct community members to a specific welcome page.
- Modify the editable footer - Change the logo, User - Hover widget, or other content in the footer.
- Modify the editable header - Change the logo, search, or navigation in the header.
- Select a page layout - Select the number of columns (or areas) the Dashboard/Home page utilizes and how they are laid out.
- Widget availability - Determine which widgets are available to users for customizing their Dashboards.