- Telligent Event Calendar 3.0 is compatible only with Telligent Community 7.0. It is not compatible with prior releases of Telligent Community.
- Currently the Telligent Event Calendar does not support installation on a case sensitive database.
Telligent Event Calendar installs specific calendar permissions that are controlled at the group level. Note that you can only grant permissions for all calendars in the group, not for specific calendars.
Installing Web files
It is recommended that you back up your entire Web directory before performing any installs.
- Obtain the full installation package from Telligent Support. (This package also contains the Telligent Event Calendar installation.)
- Open the Extensions folder and unzip the TelligentEventCalendar zip file.
- Copy the contents of /Web to your Web installation directory. The /Web folder contents of the installation package mirrors the Telligent Community Web structure.
- If you do not have a communityserver_override.config, rename the file communityserver_override.config.sample to communityserver_override.config. If you already have a communityserver_override.config file. Merge the contents of communityserver_override.config.sample into your communityserver_override.config file, then remove communityserver_override.config.sample.
- If you do not have a siteurls_override.config, rename the file siteurls_override.config.sample to siteurls_override.config. If you already have a siteurls_override.config file, merge the contents of siteurls_override.config.sample into your siteurls_override.config file, then remove siteurls_override.config.sample.
- Merge the contents of /Web/Languages/en-US/ControlPanelResources.xml.sample into your ControlPanelResources.xml, then remove ControlPanelResources.xml.sample.
Installing SQL files
It is recommended that you do a full database backup before installing SQL.
The installation package contains a folder called /SqlScripts which contains the necessary SQL files. The SQL files are prepended with a version number. This version should match the assembly version of Telligent.Evolution.Extensions.Calendar.dll in /Web/bin.
Run the install script located in your installation package.
Enabling Telligent Event Calendar plugin
- Go to the Web site's Control Panel page. Browse to the Manage Plugins page (System Administration > Site Administration > Site Configuration > Manage Plugins).
- Place a check mark next to the Telligent Event Calendar plugin. If you wish to use the Geo-coding features of the calendar, you should do the same to the Geocoding for Telligent Evolution plugin. Click Save.
Enabling the "Telligent Event Calendar" plugin adds a .css file and images to the site's themes; enables the Telligent Event Calendar tabs in the site and group navigation, and adds the Telligent Event Calendar pages and layouts. Server and/or browser caching may prevent these changes from being seen immediately. After enabling the plugin, restarting the Web site and/or clearing the browser cache should make the Telligent Event Calendar functionality appear immediately.
- Locate the Tasks folder in the Telligent Event Calendar installation package and copy the remaining jobs into the node of your Job Scheduler's tasks.config file.
- You will also need to copy the following files from the installation package to their respective places in the installation directory or the Job Scheduler service:(note: * means all, e.g., *.dll means all files with the extension of .dll)
- Copy Web/bin/*.dll to the root of the Job Scheduler installation (same location as the .exe file).
- Copy Web/Modules/*.config to the Modules folder in the Job Scheduler installation.
- Copy all files and folders from Web/Languages to the same folder in the Job Scheduler installation.
- If there is not already a communityserver_override.config file in the Job Scheduler installation directory, copy the Web/communityserver_override.config.sample file to the Job Scheduler installation directory and rename it to communityserver_override.config. If the file already exists, merge the contents of these files as you did when installing the Web files.
- If there is not already a file siteurls_override.config file in the Job Scheduler installation directory, copy the Web/siteurls_override.config.sample file to the Job Scheduler installation and rename it to siteurls_override.config. If it already exists, merge the contents of these files as you did when installing the Web files.
- Restart your Job Scheduler Service.
Upgrading from previous versions
Depending on the version of the calendar you are using, you may have to upgrade the calendar at the same time or the site may not function properly. This is true when upgrading to v3.0 of the calendar.
Preparing for Upgrade
- Remove Legacy Binary Files: The new version of the calendar consolidated many of its files, meaning certain files need to be removed to avoid conflict.
- From /Web/bin remove all files that start Telligent.Evolution.Extensions.Calendar.* and Telligent.Services.Geocoding.*.
- Remove Unnecessary Modules:
- Locate /Web/Modules and remove CalendarModule.config.
- Merge Override Files: Some overrides are not necessary in 3.0
- In the package locate communityserver_override.config and compare the overrides in that file with your previous installation. Make changes to your file accordingly.
- Proceed with the installation instructions above, overwriting files when necessary.