Microsoft ASP.NET 4.0 or later is required to run Telligent Community 7.0. This article describes how to enable Microsoft ASP.NET for Microsoft's IIS6 and IIS7 web servers.
Enable .NET in IIS6 (Windows Server 2003)
You need to ensure that the Microsoft .NET Framework version 4.0 is installed on your server.
Check whether the ASP.NET extension is authorized in IIS:
- Open IIS Manager.
- In the left pane expand your server and click Web Service Extensions.
- In the right pane ensure ASP.NET v4.0.xxxxx is allowed. If it is not allowed, click it.
- Click Allow at the left side of that pane.
Install .NET in IIS7 (Windows Server 2008)
Note: ASP.NET is not supported under Server Core installs of Window Server 2008 so it is incompatible with Telligent Community.
- Open Server Manager.
- Expand the Roles node.
- Click Web Server (IIS).
- Scroll to the Role Services section.
- Click Add Role Services on the right side.
- In the Application Development area, select the check box for ASP.NET (Note: If you are asked to add other Required Role Services do so; they are required to install .NET.)
- Click Next.
- Click Install.