||As an administrator of your community, you need to ensure that the structure of your community matches the needs of the members and can provide you with the information you need to understand usage and performance.
System administration includes standard server maintenance operations (such as gathering and scrutinizing reports), changes in community setup after initial roles and models have been established, and creating customizations that affect all users in a group or site (such as blog appearance defaults).
This guide contains the following sections:
- Blog Administration page - Work with blog creation and deletion, presentation, storage, and access.
- Forum administration - Create a poll, work with forum creation and deletion, manage settings and attachments.
- Media Gallery Administration page - Work with media gallery creation and deletion, defaults, and quotas.
- Reporting tools and logs - View the event logs, exceptions report, task report, and send mass emails.
- Security - Block IP addresses, spam, manage bad words, restrict usernames, reset locked out users, and learn about Telligent HTML protections.
- Site Configuration page - Configure basic site settings, RSS, the Membership Points System, email settings, activity logging, site-wide applications, plugin modules, editor settings, and post settings.
- Site Content page - Select ad properties, manage site and user files, create a URL redirect, import/export site layouts, preview and select a site theme, and change site terms.
- Tasks overview - Install, adjust, start, or stop Job Scheduler jobs; auto-delete old status messages; or manage tasks on a load-balanced cluster.
- Text and color editors - Learn about toolbar components.
- Wiki Administration page - Move a wiki or change wiki permissions.