You can create an API key on your Settings > Advanced Options tab.
To support API, Telligent Community allows you to create keys to authenticate users for Web service calls without requiring you to provide your user name and password to authorized applications.
In Telligent Community, any user can create an API key. However, only those users (typically administrators) who have the Site - Access web services permission will be able to use them for REST. Without that permission, a user receives an "Access denied" message.
API keys are generated per user. So, before you generate a API key, make sure that you are logged in as the user who will be using the key:
- If you are a registered user, you can go ahead and use the generation options on the tab.
- If you are an admin who needs to generate a key for a user, you can do so while impersonating him/her.
Create an API key
- Click your Settings link in the navigation bar.
- Click Advanced Options.
- At the bottom of the page, click Create and edit application keys. The API key page appears.
- Enter a name for the key.
- Click Generate. The key is generated and listed in the API key table.
Edit or rename an API key
- Click Edit for the key in the API key table. The Edit API key dialog box appears.
- To change the key name, enter a new name in the Name field.
- To enable or disable the key, click the appropriate yes or no option under Enabled.
- Click Save.
Regenerate an API key
- Click Regenerate for the key in the API key table. A confirmation dialog box appears.
- Click OK.
Delete an API key
- Click Delete for the key in the API key table. A confirmation dialog box appears.
- Click OK.