In release 7.5, support for Blip.tv and Google video was removed.
In release 7.1, support for Clipshack videos was removed.
The following URLs are the supported video sites in 7.x from which you can embed videos in a Telligent Community blog, wiki, or forum pages, or share media by pasting the URL of the site and video directly into the Quick Post window:
- Google video (7.0 and 7.1 only)
- Yahoo Videos
- Blip.tv (.70 and 7.1 only)
- Clipshack.com (7.0 only)
- Because many external video players can't identify a video's height and width without the appropriate tag included, Telligent Community has a fixed height/width aspect ratio of 16:9 (which is what's used on youtube.com).
- When playing an uploaded video, Telligent Community relies on the browser to pick the plugin and play the video correctly. Not all browsers support all extensions. For example, Internet Explorer does not have a WMA plugin.
- When embedding a Veoh video in a post, the provider may require you to log into their site before viewing the video.
*If the page the Screencast video is on doesn't include public embed information, Telligent Community cannot play it inline; instead, the video will be opened in a new window. If you generate an SWF file from a Screencast, you can get a link directly to the swf and embed that in the Insert Video popup. Telligent Community previews all YouTube videos.