In Telligent Community 7.0, the blog post video preview tab has been removed.
Telligent Community provides you with three options to creating a blog post:
- The Quick Post "Write a blog" tab - Quickly create a blog post just in the Quick Post interface, or use the rich text editor to customize your post and access comments & feedback, publication settings, SEO, cross-posting, or a preview of the post.
- The New Post button on the blog Home Page or on a post window - Opens the rich text editor for you to create a post and access comments & feedback, publication settings, SEO, cross-posting, or a preview of the post.
- The Write a Blog Post tab in the Options panel - Opens the rich text editor for you to create a post and access comments & feedback, publication settings, SEO, cross-posting, or a preview of the post.
If you create a new post at the site root (http://<yoursite>/b/default.aspx), the New Post button drop-down list will be scoped to the first 10 alphabetical names of any blog in the entire site where you have permission to post.
Write a blog post in Quick Post
- On the site Home Page or on a group Home Page/application page/post page, click Write a blog on the Quick Post widget.
- If there are different blogs to choose from in the Publish to blog drop-down list, select the desired blog.
- Enter a title for the post in the Title field.
- Enter your blog post in the Your post field. (If you want to use the rich text editor to access other blog post formatting options or publishing options, click Use rich formatting and view the next procedure for your options.)
- Click Share.
Write a blog with the New Post button or Write a blog tab
- Click either New Post or Write a blog on the blog Home Page or a blog post page. If there are multiple blogs you can write to, select the desired blog. The blog Write tab opens.
- Enter a title in the Title field.
- Enter your post in the text field. You can use all of the rich text editor options to individualize your post.
- Add any desired tags in the Tags field.
- Attach any desired file you want to be published with your post by clicking Select file, navigating to and opening the file, and saving it.
- Choose a publishing option. Save as draft will save the post and allow you to return to it by clicking Write a post on the Options panel and navigating to the Manage > Posts tab. Publish will publish immediately or at a different date/time if you select it on the Publication Settings tab.