If you are email subscribed to a thread, you receive emails notifying you of new thread replies (provided you have notifications turned on). You can unsubscribe from a thread two ways: on the thread page and by email.
Mute (unsubscribe from) a thread from the thread page
- On the forum Home Page, click the thread you are subscribed to by email but want to change.
- In the Options panel, click Mute thread.
You will no longer receive email notifications of replies to the thread.
You can re-subscribe by clicking Email subscribe to this thread in the Options panel.
Mute (unsubscribe from) a thread from email
- Open an email message containing a reply notification from this thread.
- Scroll to the bottom of the message.
- Click Stop receiving emails.
A notification appears that the mute was successful, and you will no longer receive email notifications on this subject.
You can re-subscribe to the thread by opening this message and clicking View and reply online. The thread page opens, and you can click Email subscribe to this thread in the Options panel.