Wikis are at the heart of collaboration in Telligent Community. Using a wiki you can create new content; edit other community members' content; create related material that branches off a main article; rearrange content; comment to each other about an article's content; move the article from one location to another in the same wiki, or even move the wiki altogether.
Some notes about wiki pages:
- The theme default pages (DefaultWikiPage.aspx and default.aspx) both point to default.aspx.
- Clicking New Post while viewing a wiki page makes the current page the post's parent page.
- The Wiki Table of Contents widget can be placed on any wiki page on the site. It can pull from any wiki located in the same group.
- Wikis support all editing options available in every Telligent Community application using the rich text editor.
This section describes contains the following articles and subsections:
- Capture a forum thread to a wiki - Convert the content of a forum thread into a wiki page in the same group.
- Comparing versions of a wiki page - Use a wiki page's History tab to view saved versions of the wiki page and to view a comparison of the two versions.
- Create a wiki page - Use Quick Post or New Post to create and publish a new wiki page.
- Create an in-page table of contents (TOC) - Use the rich text editor anchor and link buttons to create a TOC at any location on a page.
- Edit wiki settings - Change a page's name or manage wiki comments.
- Edit a wiki page - Change the text, formatting, parent page, featured option, or email notifications of changes.
- Wiki editing conflicts - View or overwrite another user's edits to a wiki document.
- General descriptions of wiki functionalities - Learn about subscribing to wiki changes by email; favoriting a wiki or removing a favorite; sharing a link to a wiki page, or locking a wiki page.
- Manage wiki comments - Publish, edit, or delete wiki comments.
- Receiving email notifications for wiki article changes - Get notified any time a page is revised and receive a link to the page.
- Revert a wiki page to a previous version - Using the History tab and version comparison, revert to any previously saved version of a page.
- Subscribe to a wiki RSS feed - Subscribe to wiki changes (additions or edits) via RSS.
- Using links with wiki pages - Using wiki link syntax or the enhanced text editor link button, create new pages, link to other pages, link to specific headers in other documents, or link to documents in other wikis.