The content editor allows you to move content within your page and copy content from external Microsoft Word documents. You can also edit the content through the HTML editing of the enhanced text editor.
Insert content from a Microsoft Word document
- In wiki Edit Page mode, select the Paste from Word button on the enhanced text editor toolbar. The Paste from Word window appears.
- Copy the content from MS Word document into the dialog. Note: If you copy a table, this box will not necessarily transfer all of the formatting, such as cell colors. This is due to a limitation in the editor, not Telligent Community. You can use the Insert table button to create a table.)
- Click Insert.
Edit content with the HTML editor
The HTML editor allows you to edit or copy the HTML source code of your page. It is also a useful tool when you run into formatting issues that you cannot resolve using the text editor.
- In wiki Edit Page mode, select the HTML button on the enhanced text editor toolbar. The HTML source editor window opens.
- Modify or copy (using CTRL/C) the HTML source code.
- Click Update if you made changes.
Spell check content
The enhanced text editor spell check functionality allows you to spell check multiple languages, with English as the default language. To select a different language, click the the drop-down arrow next to the spell check button.
- In wiki Edit Page mode, click the spell check button. Misspelled words or words which the spell checker does not recognize are underlined with a red wavy line.
- Click on a marked word to view a list of options, which includes suggested spellings and ignore spelling options.
- Do one of the following:
- Select an option from the list.
- Click outside the list to close the list without selecting an option.
Insert a horizontal rule line in the text
You can insert a horizontal rule line into your page to separate content or to give the page the look and feel you want.
- In wiki Edit Page mode, position the cursor where you want to insert a horizontal rule.
- Select the horizontal rule button on the enhanced text editor toolbar. A dialog displays for you to specify the rule properties.
- Specify the properties you want for the horizontal rule.
- Click Insert.
- With the page in Edit Page mode, click on the emoticon button on the enhanced text editor toolbar. A smiley dialog appears.
- Click on an emoticon. The emoticon code displays in the text area.
- Click Save. The emoticon code is translated to the emoticon you selected.