You can use the enhanced editor toolbar to format your text to give your page the look and feel you want. All instructions in this document assume that you are in the enhanced editor (for example, when editing a wiki page).
This style includes headers, default paragraph style, and a preformatted style to use with code (Courier).
This drop-down contains styles you can use for list buttons, emphasis (Italic), notes, path statements, and sub-step details.
To change: Specify the font style of your text by making a selection from the Font family drop-down list .
To change: Specify the size of your text fonts by selecting a size from the Font size drop-down list .
Default: Dark grey
Click the text color button .
Select the color you want the text to be from the color grid:
Click More colors to display a full color palette, which gives you additional color options:
Click anywhere in the palette to select the color, or if you are familiar with the color code standards, you can enter the color code in the Color data field.
Highlight (background) color
Default: No highlight
To change: Select the color from the background color drop-down list . You can use the full color palette to choose a nonstandard color.
Default: No strike-through
Select the text and click the strike-through button on the enhanced editor toolbar . The strike-through text looks like this: strike-through text.
To remove strike-through, select the text with the strike-through and click on the strike-through button again.
Default: No indentation
To indent to the right, click the indent button .
To remove indentation from a line of text (move it back to the left), click the outdent button .
Keep the following in mind as you indent or outdent:
- You cannot indent portions of a line of text. When you click the indent button, the entire line of text moves as well.
- You cannot indent past the margins of your page. If you cannot indent any further either left or right, the directional arrows will be grayed out . In this example, you cannot indent any further to the left.
- If you indent a numbered or bulleted list, the numbering and bulleted format will be affected. The numbering may restart and the bulleted list will use a different bullet format.
- When you hit Enter on your keyboard from an indented line, the new line will inherit the same indentation. You will have to use the outdent button to if you want to move the next line to the left.
You can create a bulleted list of content using the bulleted list button on the enhanced editor toolbar. When a selected line is part of a bulleted list, the bulleted list button has a border: .
As you create and modify a bulleted list, keep the following in mind:
- You can indent or outdent bulleted lists by selecting a bulleted line. This changes the bullet to a different bullet icon to indicate another level of bulleted list.
- You cannot indent portions of a bulleted line of text. The entire line is bulleted when you click the bullet button.
- When you hit Enter on your keyboard, the new line inherits the bullet format. If you hit Enter again without adding any text, the bullet disappears.
- You can remove the bullet from a bulleted line of text by clicking on the bulleted list button.
You can create a numbered list of content using the numbered list button on the enhanced editor toolbar. When a selected line is part of a numbered list, the numbered list button has a border: .
As you create and modify a numbered list, keep the following in mind:
- You can indent or outdent numbered lists by selecting a numbered line. This resets the number to 1.
- You cannot indent portions of a numbered line. The entire line is numbered when you click the numbered list button.
- When you press Enter on your keyboard, the new line continues the numbering sequence. If you hit Enter a second time without adding any text, the numbering format disappears.
- You can remove the numbered list format by clicking on the numbered list button.
Default: Not boldfaced
To change, click the bold button on the enhanced editor toolbar. If the selected text is bolded, the bold button displays with a border . If bolding is enabled, click the bold button to disable it. You can also use ctrl-b on your keyboard to bold selected text.
Default: Not italicized
To change, click the italics button on the enhanced editor toolbar. If the selected text is italicized, the italics button displays with a border . If italics are enabled, click the italics button to disable it. You can also use ctrl-i on your keyboard to italicize selected text .
Default: No underline
To change, click the underline button on the enhanced editor toolbar. If the selected text is underlined, the underline button displays with a border . If underline is enabled, click the underline button to disable it. You can also use ctrl-u on your keyboard to underline selected text.
Options available: left, right, centered or justified (extending to both left and right margins)
To change, click on the appropriate alignment button:
||Text is pushed to the left margin
||Text is pushed to the right margin
||Text is centered
||Text is justified to right and left margins