Telligent Community 7.5 gives you new Notifications when someone rates your content. You can view these notifications in your Notification Queue or in Live Alerts in this release.
Telligent Community 7.x has a ratings service that promotes social engagement by letting users rate content with configurable and customizable scales (such as traditional five star ratings). Ratings are supported for community-internal activity content and third-party content. The service is exposed to third-party applications via the current release's platform APIs. The older ratings-related APIs continue to function as they did before.
- The new ratings service replaces previous releases' content ratings and allows you to rate content that you previously could not rate, such as third-party content.
- The ratings service provides engagement with community-internal content and third-party content via the REST APIs and widget APIs.
- The rating service is part of the core functionality of this release.
It's helpful as a community member to know what content is most highly thought of in terms of quality. Release 7.0's ratings service fills this need by allowing members to rate content general value and helpfulness. Ratings also help build the author's reputation.
Ratings differ from liking (also a 7.0 feature) in that:
- Ratings are designed to provide a more objective measure of content quality (for example, whether or not it is helpful).
- Liking is a more relationship-oriented feature. Liking tells you whether or not others like content and who liked it, such as noting whether your friends like it.
You can rate your own content.
There is a simple five-star (or other icon) system scale for community members to assess content quality.
Using APIs, you can require a comment for content ratings in order to form a review.You can then view other members' reviews, and those reviews link back to a reviewer's profile.
Ratings contribute to author quality score, which helps determine whether the author is present in the Group - Members List ("Top Quality Authors") widget on the group home page, and Users - Top Quality Author Groups ("Groups in which X is a top quality author") widget on the user profile.
Ratings are calculated only when the ratings are updated.
- Ratings encourage participation throughout a community and its micro-communities by providing interaction with Telligent-generated or third-party content. In addition to providing feedback, community members can see others' feedback as it applies to the content being rated.
- Ratings are expressed as stars or other symbols. When members mousing over the [stars], the average rating is displayed (such as "Average rating: 3.2 out of 7 ratings").
- A user can change their rating by clicking on the stars again.
For more information about developing with the like service, see Ratings.
Rating service email template APIs
Telligent Community 7.0 includes the following Telligent Evolution 7.0 rating service email template APIs.
Email template associated types
- RatedItem Email Template API Supplementary Type
- Rating Email Template API Supplementary Type
Email template extensions
- $core_v2_ratedItem - Enables email templates to use rated items.
- $core_v2_rating - Enables email templates to use ratings.
Rating service In-process APIs
Telligent Community 7.0 includes the following Telligent Evolution 7.0 rating service In-process APIs.
In-process associated types
- RatedItem In-Process API Supplementary Type
- RatedItemGetOptions In-Process API Supplementary Type
- RatedItemListOptions In-Process API Supplementary Type
- Rating In-Process API Supplementary Type
- RatingCreateOptions In-Process API Supplementary Type
- RatingDeleteOptions In-Process API Supplementary Type
- RatingGetOptions In-Process API Supplementary Type
- RatingListOptions In-Process API Supplementary Type
- UiRateOptions In-Process API Supplementary Type
In-process API event arguments
- RatingAfterCreateEventArgs In-Process API Event Argument
- RatingAfterDeleteEventArgs In-Process API Event Argument
- RatingAfterUpdateEventArgs In-Process API Event Argument
- RatingBeforeCreateEventArgs In-Process API Event Argument
- RatingBeforeDeleteEventArgs In-Process API Event Argument
- RatingBeforeUpdateEventArgs In-Process API Event Argument
In-process API services
- RatedItems In-Process API Service
- Ratings In-Process API Service
Telligent Community 7.0 includes the following Telligent Evolution 7.0 rating service plugin API.
Plugin associated types
- IRateableContentType Plugin Type
Telligent Community 7.0 includes the following Telligent Evolution 7.0 rating service REST APIs:
Rated item REST Endpoints
- List Rated Item REST Endpoint - LIST rated items.
- Show Rated Item REST Endpoint - SHOW a rated item.
Rating REST Endpoints
- Create Rating REST Endpoint - CREATE a rating.
- Delete Rating REST Endpoint - DELETE a rating.
- List Rating REST Endpoint - LIST ratings.
- Show Rating REST Endpoint - SHOW a rating.