This capture shows the Enterprise theme view of the widget.
This is a new widget in Telligent Community 7.0.
This widget displays information about all kinds of posts, comments, and activity in the site, groups, applications, and for users and capitalizes on the new Telligent Community 7.0 features of liking, @mentions, and #hashtags. This widget can be scoped to site activity, group and subgroup activity, or user activity and can filter activities to specific types of users. This widget is also extensible.
Where it works
The site-scoped version of this widget works on just about any page on the site. The group-scoped version works on group and group application pages. The user-scoped version works on user profile pages.
Enable the activity story type plugins
You can enable the types of activity stories you want included in this widget in the Manage plugins tab. By default, all of these plugins are enabled.
||Adds activity stories for blogs.
|Blog post activity
||Adds activity stories for blog posts.
||Adds activity stories for forums.
|Forum reply activity
||Adds activity stories for forum replies.
|Forum thread activity
||Adds activity stories for forum threads.
||Adds activity stories for users who have become friends.
||Adds activity stories for galleries.
|Joining group users activity
||Adds activity stories for users who have joined a group.
|Joining users activity
||Adds activity stories for users who have joined the site.
||Adds activity stories for media.
|User avatar updated activity
||Adds activity stories for users who have updated their avatars.
||Adds activity stories for wikis.
|Wiki page activity
||Adds activity stories for wiki pages.
Once you install the widget on the page, you can scope it to the site, groups (and subgroups), or only the contextual user. You can further personalize the widget by configuring filters (appearing as tabs) that display specific kinds of activity (such as blog posts) for all users, others who are followed, the accessing user himself, etc.
- Navigate to Control Panel Dashboard > System Administration > Site Administration > Widget Studio > Enable/Disable widgets.
- If it is not already present in Allowed widgets, move the widget from the Not Allowed Widgets column to the Allowed Widgets column.
- Click Edit Page, then select and place the Activity Story Stream widget.
- Click Configure on the widget menu bar. The configuration dialog appears.
- You can change the following options:
- Number of items to display - Specifies the number of items to display on a page in the activity list.
- Activity stream mode - Determines the default view of the widget in this instance, and the filters applied to the stream:
- Site (all site activity) - Displays activity by all users in all groups across the site that the logged-in user has permission to view. For example, he/she might not be able to see a private unlisted group if not a member.
- Group (activity in a group and optionally subgroups) - Displays activity of the group where it's located and, if selected, the activity of its subgroups. The "Include subgroup activity" check box appears when you select this activity stream mode.
- User (activity for contextual user) - Displays activity for the contextual user. This mode works only on the user's profile page and displays his/her own activity.
- Widget title - Change the widget title by clicking Change and entering a new title.
- Filters - Click a filter tab (such as Filter 1).
- To configure a filter, do the following:
- Enter a name for the filter. This name will appear on a widget tab.
- Select the types of activity you want to display. You can configure the tab to show blog, external message, forum, friendship, gallery, group, media, status message, user, and wiki options. For each type of activity, select one of the following options:
- Exclude activity - This activity type will not appear in the activity stream.
- Include accessing user's activity - In the group or site view of the activity stream, do you want the user to see only his his/her own activities for this story type? If so, chose this option.
- Include accessing user's followed users' activity - In the group or site view of the activity stream, do you want the user to see ONLY activities from the users he/she follows for this story type? If so, chose this option.
- Include accessing user's and followed users' activity - In the group or site view of the activity stream, do you want the user to see only his/her own activities and activities from the users he/she follows for this story type? If so, chose this option.
- Include all users' activity - Show activities for this story type from all users on the site (in site view) or in the group (in group view).
- Endless stream - Automatically loads more user stories when you scroll to the bottom of the page without clicking a button.
- Click Save to exit the configuration dialog.
- Click Save Page.