Telligent Community 7.0 has a new abuse service which allows community members to report posts as abusive, and permits group owners (or others with the Group - Manage Abuse permission) to review abuse appeals.
When a post or comment is reported as abusive on the community site and the poster appeals the report, those users having the Group - Manage Abuse permission can uphold or overturn the appeal.
Appeal reviewers also have the ability to view hidden - not appealed, restored - appeal upheld, or expired questionable content. Note: Wiki pages are not hidden from the site when in an abusive state.
The Review Appeals button is located on the admin toolbar.
- Click Review Appeals.
The Appeal Queue page appears.
- In the Show drop-down, select the state you want to view:
- Any state
- Appealed - This content remains hidden but it has been appealed and is awaiting a decision.
- Restored (appeal upheld) - This content was appealed, the content was restored and it is now unhidden.
- Archived (confirmed abusive) - This content has been removed from the site, it was appealed and the appeal record is archived for reference.
- Expired - This content has been hidden and was never appealed, so the appeal expired.
- In the Sort By drop-down, select the sorting option you want to view:
- Appeal date
- Publish date
- Content author
- In the Group field, you can optionally select the group you want to view appeals for, or you can leave it blank to show all entries for that state. For example, if you select the Appealed state, any sorting option, and leaving the Group field blank, you will be shown a list of all the appeals you have permission to arbitrate. To view which group the post or comment is in, you can click the down arrow on the appeal notice and view the In Group information.
- You can only view groups for which you have the Group - Manage Abuse permission (typically a group owner; the groups you own appear when you select My Groups in the Dashboard).
- If you select the Site Root group, the list will not display appeals from its subgroups. You must either leave the group field empty or select the appropriate group.
- When the appeals display, click the down arrow on the right side of the appeal notice. The entire notice appears.
- If desired, you can view the entire flagged post by clicking View post.
- Select one of the two appeal options:
- Restore - If you select this option, the post will be redisplayed. By default it can be re-flagged as abusive, but you may configure this not to happen by changing a development APIs.
- Keep hidden - If you select this option, the post will not appear on the site and will be archived.
Override score decay rates for applications