This is the Enterprise theme view of the widget.
This widget displays forum threads in either a detailed or simple fashion, sorted and displayed by the options that are configured.
Where it works
This widget works on forum home pages and forum post pages.
- Navigate to Control Panel Dashboard > System Administration > Site Administration > Widget Studio > Enable/Disable widgets.
- If it is not already present in Allowed widgets, move the widget from the Not Allowed Widgets column to the Allowed Widgets column.
- Click Edit Page, then select and place the Forum - Thread List widget.
- Click Configure on the widget menu bar. The configuration dialog appears.
- You can change the following options in this widget:
- Widget title - Click Change and enter a new title for the widget.
- View type -
- Enhanced - Displays title, posting date and time, author, and number of replies.
- Simple - Displays only the names of the posts.
- Include discussion threads - You can select this option alone or with the next option. Displays only posts included in forums that have been designated discussion forums.
- Include question and answer threads - Can be selected singly or in combination with include discussion threads. Displays only posts included in forums that have been designated Question and answer forums.
- Sort by-
- Date/time posted - Lists the most recently posted item first.
- Number of replies - Lists the item with the most replies first.
- Number of views - Lists the item with the highest number of views first.
- Topic (alphabetical) - Lists items by topic title, alphabetically.
- Sort order -
- Ascending- List in an alphanumerically ascending manner (starting with 1 and/or A).
- Descending - List in an alphanumerically descending manner (starting with the last number and/or Z).
- Show only popular threads - Shows only posts which meet the popularity criteria set forth in Global Forum Settings. For example, the threshold number of replies or views a post must achieve before being considered "popular."
- Select group/forum to pull content from - Start typing the name of the group or forum where you want to pull content from. If you don't specify a group, it defaults to the current group.
Include forums in selected group's sub-groups - If you select this option, the group's sub-groups will also become part of the list. (Note that if you selected "Show only popular threads," these posts will only display if they meet the criteria.)
- Number of items to display.
- Click Save to exit the dialog.
- Click Save Page.