Telligent Community 7.0, which is available from Telligent Support, is required for partnership with Telligent Connect for Salesforce.
As a SaaS product, Salesforce updates its versions as needed. Telligent monitors new Salesforce versions to ensure that Telligent Connect for Salesforce continues working as expected with any changed Salesforce extensibility points.
Install Web files
Install the files that the community needs for Telligent Connect for Salesforce.
- Back up your entire Web directory before continuing with the installation (recommended but not required).
- Copy the contents of /Web in the installation package, which mirrors the Telligent Evolution Web structure, to your Web installation directory.
- If you do not have a communityserver_override.config file, rename the file communityserver_override.config.salesforce to communityserver_override.config. If you already have a communityserver_override.config file, merge the contents of communityserver_override.config.salesforce into your communityserver_override.config file, then remove the communityserver_override.config.salesforce file.
- Merge the contents of tasks.config.salesforce into your tasks.config file, then remove the tasks.config.salesforce file.
Install SQL files
Configure the database to capture data and analytics about the integration. The installation package contains a folder called /SqlScripts which contains the necessary SQL files.
- Perform a full database backup (recommended but not required).
- Verify that the SQL files are prepended with a version number, which should match the assembly version of Telligent.Evolution.Extensions.Salesforce.dll in /Web/bin.
- Execute TelligentEvolutionExtensionsSalesforce_1.0.0.0000.sql on your Telligent product database, where 1.0.0.0000 is the version of Telligent Connect for Salesforce you are installing.
Create your support persona
All interactions between any customer service agent and people seeking answers in the community will come through a single user/persona within the community in this release of Telligent Connect for Salesforce. You must create this user and grant it the appropriate permissions to ensure information exchange between Telligent Community and Salesforce.
(In a future version of Telligent Connect for Salesforce, each of your support agents will be enabled to use their established community profiles. All communication between each support agent and customers, prospects and partners needing help will be from their profiles.)
- As an administrator within Telligent Community, log into the community and navigate to Control Panel Dashboard > System Administration > Membership Administration > Create New Account.
- In the provided fields, specify:
- Sign-in name
- Password (twice for confirmation)
- Email address (note: If you have the email-to-case functionality enabled within Salesforce, DO NOT use that same email address for the account creation.)
- Time zone
- Click Create New Account to create the new user.
- If the user is successfully created, you will see a message at the top of the page with a link to edit the user. Click that link.
- On the Admin tab, click Impersonate User.
You are automatically navigated to the community home page with the username at the top of the page indicating that you are impersonating this user.
- Click Settings, then Advanced Options and scroll to the bottom of that page.
- Click Create and Edit Application Keys.
- In the Name field, type in Telligent Connect for Salesforce.
- Click Generate. The new API key is displayed in your API key list.
Save the API Key that is generated for use when you configure the Salesforce installation.
- Optional: You may want to disable email notifications and block conversations in the Settings for this user so that members of your community do not attempt to contact this persona directly.
To do this:
- Click Settings, then Email.
- Under Email Configuration, deselect the Receive emails and Receive HTML emails check boxes.
- Under Notifications, deselect Enable private message notifications.
- Under Private Messages Configuration, select None.
- Click the Stop Impersonating link at the top of the community home page to return to using your admin permissions and settings.
Enable the Salesforce plugin
Once you have the Web site and database installation complete, you can enable the initial connection between Telligent Community and Salesforce.
You must have:
- The username and password for a Salesforce user who is in the admin role within Salesforce and is configured for remote access.
- The API key you saved.
- Optionally, an email address that is used for email-to-case functionality within Salesforce. This is used for the private exchange between the customer, prospect, or partner asking a question in the community and the agent assigned to the Salesforce case.
To enable the plugin:
- Within the community as an administrator, navigate to Control Panel Dashboard > System Administration > Site Administration > Site Configuration > Manage Plugins.
- Place a check mark next to the Telligent Connect for Salesforce plugin.
- Click Save.
- Click Configure.
- In the Login Information tab, enter your:
- Salesforce username
- (optionally) Salesforce support email address
- Click Save. Note: You must save this login information before navigating to the other configuration tabs.
- Click Configure again for the Salesforce plugin.
- Click the Profile Sync tab.
Note: If an error is displayed here, your login information is incorrect or the Salesforce account you provided does not have rights to access the Salesforce API.
Edit the login information and save until the Profile Sync configuration options show correctly. For detailed information on configuration of the integration, refer to the Telligent Connect for Salesforce administrator guide.
Note: Enabling the Telligent Connect for Salesforce plugin automatically adds a .css file and images to the site's themes and adds the Telligent Connect for Salesforce widgets to the appropriate pages within the community. Server and/or browser caching may prevent these changes from being seen immediately. After enabling the plugin, you may need to restart the Web site and/or clear the browser cache to make the Telligent Connect for Salesforce functionality appear.
The integration requires a number of tasks that run within Telligent Community's Job Scheduler to synchronize the profiles and handle all communication between Telligent Community and Salesforce.
You must install and configure the following tasks using the instructions below and ensure these four tasks are successfully running.
||Configuration options within tasks.config
Initially synchronizes all users from Telligent Community to Salesforce contacts where email addresses match, as well as any new users who are created after the initial synchronization.
Also synchronizes users as any profile field values are updated within Telligent Community, pushing the changes to Salesforce (for any profile fields marked as Export within the Profile Sync tab in the Telligent Connect for Salesforce plugin).
|Batch Size: Set the number of users that are processed in each batch. Default value is 100 users.
||Every 30 minutes.
||Synchronizes profile fields from Salesforce Contacts to Telligent Community user profiles when values are updated within Salesfore, pushing the changes to the user's profile on Telligent Community (for any profile fields marked as Import within the Profile Sync tab in the Telligent Connect for Salesforce plugin).
||Batch Size: Set the number of users that are processed in each batch. Default value is 100 users.
||Every 30 minutes.
||Determines which threads to automatically escalate to Salesforce cases and queues threads for escalation. Escalates forum threads that are queued to Salesforce cases.
||Every 15 minutes.
||Saves API call counts to the database.
||Every 20 minutes but after the 5th minute of each hour.
To install the tasks:
- Navigate to the Tasks folder in the Telligent Connect for Salesforce installation package and merge the contents of the tasks.config.salesforce file into the tasks.config file in the Job Scheduler installation for your community.
- Copy the following files from the installation package to their respective places in the installation directory of the Job Scheduler service. Note: "*" means all. For example, *.dll means all files with the extension of .dll.
- Web/bin/*.dll to the root of the Job Scheduler installation (same location as the .exe file).
- Web/Modules/*.config to the Modules folder in the Job Scheduler installation.
- All files and folders from Web/Languages to the same folder in the Job Scheduler installation.
- If there is not already a communityserver_override.config file in the Job Scheduler installation directory, copy the Web/communityserver_override.config.salesforce file to the Job Scheduler installation directory and rename it to communityserver_override.config. If the file already exists, merge the contents of these files as you did when installing the Web files.
Restart your Job Scheduler service and verify that the five Salesforce tasks are scheduled appropriately** to run.
** You can increase or decrease the frequency of the jobs by changing the Cron expressions in the tasks.config file. One use for this change might be controlling the volume of API calls you make to Salesforce. For example, if you run DelayedEscalationJob every 20 minutes instead of every 15 minutes, it will take a little longer for the changes to synchronize, but you will incur fewer API calls.
Configure the Salesforce.com installation
You must make your instance of Salesforce.com aware of the Telligent Community integration so that it can make remote calls to the community when needed.
- Log into Salesforce with your administrator account and install the integration package within Salesforce.
- Click the drop-down menu from your Salesforce login name that is in the upper-right corner of any Salesforce page and click the Setup menu option.
- On the Force.com Home navigation bar, expand the Develop link.
- Click Custom Settings.
- Click the Manage link next to the Telligent Sites setting.
- Click New, enter the requested fields listed below, and then click Save.
- Name - The name of your Telligent Community site.
- Username - The username of the account that will be used to access your Telligent Community site via the Telligent Evolution Platform API.
- Telligent URL - The URL for your Telligent Community site.
- ApiKey - The ApiKey for the Support Persona user you created.
- Now, enable Salesforce to make remote calls to your site:
- Click the drop-down menu from your Salesforce login name that is in the upper-right corner of any Salesforce page and then click Setup.
- On the Force.com Home navigation bar, under Administration Setup, expand the Security Controls link.
- Click Remote Site Settings.
- Click New Remote Site.
- Enter the Remote Site Name and Remote Site URL, and click Save.
- Add the “Telligent View Level” field to Salesforce Contact records:
- Navigate to a contact.
- Click Edit Layout.
- Find the Telligent View Level field.
- Drag/drop it onto the contact record in the location you would like, such as the Contact Information panel.
- Save the layout.
- Enable the Related Forum Thread section within the Salesforce case record:
- Navigate to a case.
- Click Edit Layout.
- Find the Related Forum Thread element within the Visualforce Pages section and drag/drop it into the case record in any location you would like, such as Description information.
- Edit the element by mousing over the upper-right corner and clicking the Properties (wrench) icon. The Visualforce Page Properties dialog box appears.
- Be sure that the Show Scrollbars is checked and save the changes. You can also set the height of the element to maximize the size of what is seen regarding the community thread.
- Click OK.
- Save the page.
- Find the Private Forum Comments List element within the Visualforce Pages section and drag/drop it into the case record in any location you would like.
- If desired, specified field properties for Internal Comments by clicking the wrench icon and selecting the Read-Only check box or the Required check box. You aren't required to specify either option.
You can now configure the business rules for the integration to ensure the profile synchronization and forum thread escalation provide the right level of agent-escalated support for your community. Refer to the Telligent Connect for Salesforce administrator guide for more information.