New features in 7.1
Telligent Community 7.1 gives provides new accessibility to the social engagement tools for abuse reporting and liking that were innovated in Telligent Evolution for release 7.0. New features in this release for group permissions give you more control over permission inheritance.
New features for social services
View abusive post content from the appeal queue
You'll find it more convenient to work with items in the abuse queue due to the new "View post" link at the bottom of each expanded abuse queue item. This link displays the content that was reported for abuse (not the actual post page). In the case of a wiki page with multiple revisions, it also provides a link to view wiki page revisions.
View abuse-related history on a post page
Once a piece of content is hidden due to abuse reports, this post page gains a new Abuse History widget that allows those with the Group - Manage Abuse permission to see its current abuse status; current and historical abuse flagging; when it was last hidden (if ever); number of appeals, and restoration history (if it was restored).
Manage abusive wiki pages and revisions
There are a few changes which make it easier for an admin (or a user with the Group - Manage Abuse permission) to handle the special circumstances presented by a reportedly abusive wiki page:
- The new Abuse History widget details previous history of abuse reports, appeals, and hiding on all post pages (including wiki post pages).
- The new Wiki - Resolve Appeal widget gives you options on the reported wiki page to confirm that the page is abusive and remove it as well as its revisions; to restore the page because it isn't abusive, or to view individual revisions and treat those separately with new options in the Wikis - History and Wikis - Revision widgets.
- The Wikis - History widget has a new "Delete versions" button that lets you select one or multiple revisions on the wiki post history page history to delete.
- The Wikis - Revision widget has a new "Delete this version" option that lets you delete the revision you're currently viewing, returning you to the wiki post history page.
New Abuse History widget
The Abuse History widget provides you with abuse-related information on currently hidden or previously hidden post pages. You can view a description of this widget here, or view this document for widget configuration instructions.
New Wiki - Resolve Appeal widget
The Wiki - Resolve Appeal widget provides you with abuse-related options specifically designed for wiki pages that are reported as abusive. This widget is visible on both the current revision and saved revisions information on currently hidden or previously hidden post pages. You can view a description of this widget here, or view this document for widget configuration instructions.
See all likers
Now you can see the name of all registered users who like a piece of content, status message, or comment in a clickable modal box. Each name is linked to a community profile. The list is no longer limited to the 10 most recent likers.
New system-related features
New API to delete by query for search indexing
A new API has been created to delete by query for search indexing. This API is: PublicApi.Search.Delete(SearchResultsDeleteOptions options.
Revert a role's permissions
This feature gives you the ability to restore one customized role in a group back to its default permissions and reinstate its permission inheritance from the site level.
Revert all roles' permissions
Using this feature, you can revert all of the roles in a group back to their default permissions and reinstate their permission inheritance from the site level.
Forum - Thread widget option added
The Forum Rating Type option was removed from Site Configuration > Advanced Configuration > Post Settings and incorporated into the Forum - Thread widget. You can now select Ratings, Likes, or Ratings and Likes using the widget configuration. This choice affects both forum posts and replies.
Wikis - History widget option added
The Wikis - History widget has an added feature in 7.1 which lets you select and delete one or multiple revisions of a wiki post from the wiki post history page. A description of this addition is here, and the widget configuration remains the same as for 7.0.
Wikis - Revision widget option added
The Wikis - Revision widget has a new capability in 7.1 to delete a single wiki post revision from that wiki revision page. A description of this addition is here, and the widget configuration remains the same as for 7.0.
Scoped widget properties can be reverted in site, group and blog themes
You can now revert customized scoped widgets (such as Group - Application Navigation or Blog - Post List) in the site, group or blog theme back to the saved defaults - separately or in combination with other theme aspects (page layouts, headers, and footers) that you could previously revert in releases 7.0 and 6.x.
For example, if you add an extra tab to the Group - Application Navigation widget in the group version of the Enterprise theme, that customization (extra tab) will remain as part of the implementation of the Enterprise theme in that group.
If you later decide to remove that extra tab in the group and return to the original implementation of the Group - Application Navigation widget in Enterprise, you can now do this easily with the new "Revert scoped widget configuration" option. You would simply select the Enterprise theme in the group themes list (Control Panel > My groups > [group] > [theme]), click Revert, select the "Revert scoped widget configuration properties at the following contexts" check box and the "Group" check box, click Revert again, and save. This would take your Group - Application navigation widget configuration in the group Enterprise theme back to the saved defaults (without the extra tab).
Bug fix highlights
(For the full list of bug fixes included in this release, see Bugs fixed for Telligent Community 7.1.)
...for abuse reporting
- Abuse links, notification emails, and counters have been improved (22575, 23863, 23864, 23865, 23877, 24577, 25721)
...for activity messages
- Quotes used in forum replies display correctly in the Activity Story Stream (25582)
- Blog post publication date is fixed (3440)
- When you add an attachment to a blog post, this attachment is immediately visible (21421)
- Clipshack videos are unsupported (23792)
- @ Mentions in posts were improved (25469, 25583)
...for profile information
- @ Mentions are displayed correctly on the profile page (22678)
- @ Mentions are truncated to 25 characters on the user's @ and Mentions tabs (25393)
...for site and security
- Usernames are now limited to 64 characters (22150)
- Site Root can't be deleted, and you'll receive a warning when editing it (22985)
- Tag link bot traffic is reduced or stopped (25395, 25372)
- Sitemap indexing was improved (25396)
- In SiteUrls.config, application and group pages only have their first pages indexed (25397)
- The search index recalculation procedure timeout period has been increased (25960)
- When using SSL, you only leave SSL if the request is for an .aspx page (25460)
- You can delete the Reporting Forum from group application pages (23090)
- Site-level, group-level or blog-level customizations on scoped widgets can be reverted to default individually or in combination (22588)
- Long strings, such as those included in the Generic Content widget, are chunked to avoid reaching the string limit (23150)